Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online parts garage sale for EJ

Go down

Online parts garage sale for EJ Empty Online parts garage sale for EJ

Post  Muntz Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:42 pm

Bareass172 wrote:I'm reposting this since I think this information may have been lost/buried in the other post so folks aren't seeing it.

Given the amount of work involved with one person listing all the items for sale, we have found the best possible solution for "delegating" the time involved.

Anyone anywhere who wants to sell a part to donate to the cause can do so (obviously). You can sell the part outright for a fixed price or you can sell it at auction on the forums (you can choose to include or charge extra for shipping).
Specify in the listing that it is to help out EJ, link to my website if you want or link the post in the general forum - http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=249419. Some people frown on using the auction format in these forums, but no one (that I know of) has ever complained about it when the auction was to help a rider.

If you choose to auction you would specify in your post these details:
Online parts garage sale for EJ DotThe auction will continue for ONE week from the date of posting. At the end of that week the highest bidder will be contacted to complete the transaction.
Online parts garage sale for EJ DotIf the highest bidder flakes or doesn't respond within a reasonable amount of time then you contact the second highest bidder, and so on. This is done at the sellers discretion, so no bitching and complaining if you had the highest bid but lost the auction because it took you 3 weeks to reply to your email. It becomes your responsibility when bidding to monitor the auction for when it ends.

After the sale, whether by auction or fixed price you can either donate the money from the sale to EJ through Paypal at http://www.bareasschoppers.com or you can mail a check. Contact me (Bare) through my website (email) for information on mailing checks.

When you list the item PLEASE BE THOROUGH. As someone who has spent a lot of time on these forums and other online communities I can attest to how much time you will save yourself answering questions if you just list all the details in the beginning.

You want to specify:
Online parts garage sale for EJ DotWhat item(s) are you selling? (Manufacturer, type of item, etc) I recommend listing multiple items in separate posts so that one item doesn't get lost or overlooked by another which might be more popular.
Online parts garage sale for EJ DotWhat condition are the item(s) in? BE SPECIFIC IF THE ITEM IS USED!
Online parts garage sale for EJ DotPics - this is mostly important if it's used with blemishes, otherwise a "stock" photo from the manufacturer's website should work.
Online parts garage sale for EJ DotProvide a link to the manufacturers site for the product. People can read about quality and fitment ("will it fit my 04 1800 R?") on their own. It also puts possible mistakes ("But you told me it would fit my 04 1800 R and it doesn't!") on the buyer rather than you as a seller. This is the best way to save yourself a hassle and answering a lot of questions.
Online parts garage sale for EJ DotSpecify a starting bid, I recommend about half of the new sale value.
Online parts garage sale for EJ DotAre you charging + shipping or including shipping?

If you want to drive traffic to the sales/auction thread then feel free to post links to the auction (don't post multiple auctions obviously, just links) on my forum (forums.bareasschoppers.com), CA VTX Riders, Dark Siders, VTX Cafe, and any other MC forum you can think of or find.

Last and most importantly, when you post it for sale send me an email with the link to the item. When I have a couple of these I will post one big thread in the general forum or perhaps on several of the forums I mentioned. It will be one big post listing all the items for sale/auction including links to the individual threads. I think that having one organized post for the entire thing will generate more traffic and also make it seem more organized as one common group rather than several individuals working independently. I think the organized nature will make people more comfortable with the entire idea. 😉

So I think that's it, let's get started, right? We've already got donations coming in Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum