Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to the darkside

4 posters

Go down

new to the darkside Empty new to the darkside

Post  jduck Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:08 pm

my frist post here Smile 06 1300 r after putting over 12000 miles on stock tires i did a inspection of my tires . the stock tire looks like i could put 2 or 3000 more on them . then i was shocked when i saw a 1 1/2 cut down in the tread Shocked .so i made the move to the darkside 205/65 15 from goodyear . paid 63.00for the tire . 8.00 to mont it . 15.00 for dyna beads . here what i need to know Question 1,what psi do you run Question 2,do you use weight or dyna beads Question 3,why dose the front turn so easy Question 4, and how did it fell to you them you frist road Question .......jduck

jduck

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

new to the darkside Empty Re: new to the darkside

Post  Muntz Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:19 pm

Jduck,
Welcome to the darkside. I use the dynad beads on a 165. On my first ride I barely noticed the difference. I think it turns easy because you have more meat on the street. For more info check out his thread it has lots of info and links.

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/pictures-f1/ds-ws-tread-by-bike-model-pics-comments-mar10-t607.htm

Welcome to the Madness,
Muntz
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jduck Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:23 pm

i made my frist 100 miles ride 2 up to day on the darkside and wow Very Happy did it ever fell good . the ride felt more solid no more fish tailing. to me the bike felt more balance with 2 up. what a great ride we had today ...jduck Smile

jduck

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  tfee3 Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:01 pm

jduck, I noticed the same thing, how much easier it turned. My friend has a large boulder at the top of his driveway, and I almost hit the darned thing when I left his house. I'm running about 30 lbs in my Bridgestone RE960 Pole Position all weather tire. That seems to be the sweet spot for mine. I also noticed that when I hit a bump in the road, it's much softer.

tfee3

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:16 am

jduck wrote:my first post here Smile here what i need to know Question 1,what psi do you run Question 2,do you use weight or dyna beads Question 3,why dose the front turn so easy Question 4, and how did it fell to you them you first road Question .......jduck

Jduck,

1.Start with about 38-40 psi and go up in 5 lbs increments till you find the riding feel you like. 5 lbs can make all the difference in the world.

2.Dyna beads, but I have run both with NO ISSUES!

3.Because of the soft side walls and the grip makes your front feel like power steering is what I have found. Others think differently and say they can't turn going slow...ehehehehe I found just the opposite.

4. Love it from the first time I pulled out from the motorcycle shop from having it mounted! It was just me. Plus anything was better than the motorcycle tire. It had a definite different feel to it but no different than changing brands of motorcycle tire that I had found.

I hope this answers your questions.

...............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content