Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headlight modulator

+3
Tanglefoot
twin1300
DocRawk
7 posters

Go down

Headlight modulator Empty Headlight modulator

Post  DocRawk Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:13 am

Added a headlight modulator yesterday. I'm liking it. Major safety upgrade. I'd been holding off cause I'd only seen those big brand guys ranging from $70-$150. Found one from JC Whitney.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product?storeId=10101&Pr=p_Product.CATENTRY_ID%3A2010075&productId=2010075&catalogId=10111

It works. Took about 20 minutes to install including beer time, and it's $30. Would've taken less time, but I've already got a relay with some splitters coming off of it for my driving lights and fog lamps in the bucket and had to work to make it all fit. It doesn't have the light sensor that comes with the expensive units, but it has instructions on how to splice a two terminal switch in around it to short it out so that you can just use the light sensors in your head and flip the switch at night. There you go. Cheap. Easy. Avoid the "I only pulled out in front of him cause I didn't see him" comment on the police report. At this point, my bike looks like a freakin train from the front. I'd think any decent biker friendly prosecutor could get manslaughter if someone killed me by cutting me off.
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Headlight modulator Empty Re: Headlight modulator

Post  twin1300 Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:53 am

DocRawk wrote:Added a headlight modulator yesterday. I'm liking it. Major safety upgrade. I'd been holding off cause I'd only seen those big brand guys ranging from $70-$150. Found one from JC Whitney.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product?storeId=10101&Pr=p_Product.CATENTRY_ID%3A2010075&productId=2010075&catalogId=10111

It works. Took about 20 minutes to install including beer time, and it's $30. Would've taken less time, but I've already got a relay with some splitters coming off of it for my driving lights and fog lamps in the bucket and had to work to make it all fit. It doesn't have the light sensor that comes with the expensive units, but it has instructions on how to splice a two terminal switch in around it to short it out so that you can just use the light sensors in your head and flip the switch at night. There you go. Cheap. Easy. Avoid the "I only pulled out in front of him cause I didn't see him" comment on the police report. At this point, my bike looks like a freakin train from the front. I'd think any decent biker friendly prosecutor could get manslaughter if someone killed me by cutting me off.

+1

I have been driving mine bike with a modulator (front and rear) for 4 years now. I would NOT have another bike without it. I had more people take a double look and even back up to let me go by that used to just pull out in front of me.... Very Happy I know people hate, but I don't care as long as they see me. I am a daily rider and it's the cheapest safety money you can spend.

.........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:22 pm

You can see Twin coming, modulating headlight and the big orange fairing.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Turdboy Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:47 pm

I purchased and installed one last spring after a cager pulled out in front of a long-time freind of mine. His new wife was his passenger and she died as a result of the encounter. I ordered one on hearing the news. I know it anoys people. GOOD! That means they see me.
Turdboy
Turdboy

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  greyboyfan Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:29 pm

Yeah! I put one on mine And my wife's. They should be standard equipment!

Heres where I got mine, ---> www.comagination.com/modBike.htm
putting them on was easy as spittin'. Very Happy
greyboyfan
greyboyfan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:11 pm

I got one too...just haven't had time to install it.

Need to install it, the trunk, the fairing, the fog lights, the headlight extension, fix a horn issue, do the valves again, adjust the bags, fix the torn lic plate, hmmmm....what else...i know I'm forgetting something....oh find time for the baby too.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Headlight modulator Empty Head light Mod

Post  mastermechanic Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:33 am

I ve had Mods on my bikes for years and can see the difference. I remember the first time I went out with the mod on. I came to a stop light and was going straight after the light changed and the guy come towards me was turning left. He started to turn in front of me. I stopped and yelled at him. He stopped saying I had my turn signal on. I said, "you mean the big white flashing light in the middle? I guess for people like that 10 mods wouldn't do the trick either! But down the road you can see people watching you as you go by.

mastermechanic

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum