Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!!

+5
Steve-O
rc23
jedishon
twin1300
Toasted_311
9 posters

Go down

Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!! Empty Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!!

Post  Toasted_311 Wed May 14, 2008 8:46 am

Little Burgman

Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!! Semperit_arrives

Shocked DAYUM!!!!
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!! Empty Re: Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!!

Post  twin1300 Wed May 14, 2008 10:01 am

Now....that's what I am talking about........ Very Happy

...................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!! Empty Re: Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!!

Post  jedishon Wed May 14, 2008 10:07 am

I've seen those little things running down the highway at 60-65.....Why not...sounds like a great plan to me.....I want to see the picture of it on.....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!! Empty HEY!

Post  rc23 Wed May 14, 2008 10:18 am

Toasted_311 wrote:Little Burgman

Shocked DAYUM!!!!

Hey, I was just gonna post that pic of the fabulous hayaburger...ain't so little either, you knobs ;-) that's 612lbs of crossover motorcycle/scoot sitting there, for real, and when I commute the 47.8 miles (one way) to Andover MA every morning, I bomb along at an indicated 85-90...had it to an indicated 105 the month after I bought it (new, on 5/25/07)

B650s are becoming a popular choice for darkside conversion, if the burgmanusa.com forums are any indication...

quit stealing my pictures! ;-)

rc23

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed May 14, 2008 10:27 am

Well rc23,

Dang glad to have. He had to post pics or we would have dogged him for just telling us about it. So, go easy on him!......... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed May 14, 2008 10:39 am

2 wheels are 2 wheels dont matter what its size, style or name......we are all one big family of riders
and/or darksiders here.....welcome aboard....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed May 14, 2008 11:44 am

How much do the burgman's run? I saw one the other day and he was keeping up with traffic just fine. A big complaint about bikes is the storage space. Lot's of folks are getting these to run to the store because of their large storage capacity. Now that I know they come with some HP, I just might consider one!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!! Empty B 6 fitty

Post  rc23 Wed May 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Steve, under the hump between the seat and the dash, the AN650 has a 638cc horizontally oriented parallel twin, with electronic fiuel injection, 11:1 compression, dual counterbalancers, all the mod cons y'know? its THOROUGHLY modern, though tuned for grunt as iopposed to high rev power (like a 600cc sportbike) redline is at 8500, and in manual mode its really easy to hit the rev limiter - ask me how I know ;-)

like I said, I routinely bomb along the highway at an indicated 85-90 mph, and I've had it out to 105 indicated personally. it'll definitely do 100. some on the burgman site claim 110-115 top speed on their GPS devices...it's plenty fast for a nice daily rider. since it's a crossover scoot, certainly not for everybody, but that was one of the appeals for me. I knew i wouldn't see myself riding the other way down the road every day, or even every month ;-)

rear wheel HP isn't that impressive, between 35 and 40 hp depending on the dyno and day.

still, last week I was able to out accelerate a Mustang GT from a stoplight, punching the up button 1k rpm before redline in manual mode.

I've been riding motrocycles since 1975 - and I currently have two others besides the burgman, though that's the only one currently registered - and the Hayaburger is an excellent machine easily the best of allthe bikes i've owned over teh decades, really easy to own and operate, gets 50 mpg, can fit a weeks worth of food (or my entire pack of climbing gear including a 60 meter rope...) in the underseat trunk...

Okay that's enough ;-) I don't mean this thread to drift off into Burger-gushing...

tx for the welcomes. toast thanks again for the link.

rc23

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Wed May 14, 2008 3:53 pm

rc23 wrote:
Toasted_311 wrote:Little Burgman

Shocked DAYUM!!!!

Hey, I was just gonna post that pic of the fabulous hayaburger...ain't so little either, you knobs ;-) that's 612lbs of crossover motorcycle/scoot sitting there, for real, and when I commute the 47.8 miles (one way) to Andover MA every morning, I bomb along at an indicated 85-90...had it to an indicated 105 the month after I bought it (new, on 5/25/07)

B650s are becoming a popular choice for darkside conversion, if the burgmanusa.com forums are any indication...

quit stealing my pictures! ;-)

Laughing Laughing Sorry...saw it first thing this morning on IA..didn't realize you were a member here as well...heck never thought the Burgs could go Darkside.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KYVTX1300 Wed May 14, 2008 3:58 pm

Great, now I want one just to see if I can get a GSXR tune on it with the Darkside!
KYVTX1300
KYVTX1300

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-12-16

http://www.wccauto.com/gallery/Motorcycle/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  rc23 Wed May 14, 2008 8:58 pm

Toasted_311 wrote:[

Laughing Laughing Sorry...saw it first thing this morning on IA..didn't realize you were a member here as well...heck never thought the Burgs could go Darkside.

no probs! actually i just signed today up thru the link on your IA profile. thought it was kewl seein my ride here. I'll let some of the other burgman darksiders know about this site

rc23

Back to top Go down

Post  OpusX Thu May 15, 2008 11:37 am

Welcome to the DarkSide rc23!

I Almost bought a burgman but went with the V-Strom instead.
OpusX
OpusX

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  rc23 Wed May 28, 2008 7:53 am

posted yesterday on Burgmanusa.com, copied here for your info....

so, last friday I spent the much greater part of the morning wrestling with mounting the semperit onto the back wheel. very little about that was easy. removing/installing the wheel from/to the swingarm is cake.

comparing the two tires after i'd removed the rear wheel:

Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!! Semp_compo_2

home-made tire levers! I'm winning , I think....

Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!! Wrestle_1

well that was easy, now to just get the thing inflated adn seat the bead...

Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!! Semperit_on_rim

3 hours later, after several failed attempts with my little appt compressor (my big one is at my GF's house) and trips to two different gas stations. the guys at first were pussies and refused to put more than 70 lbs in the tire, saying, "well, maybe if you leave it out in the sun it'll expand..." Sure, okay, candyass. at the second, a crazy brazillian beat on it with a hammer, slopped it with 5 gallons bead lube and pumped it up incrementally (with both the mechanic and I cringing all the way) until the left side seated with a loud POP! at 100 psi, and the right side seated similarly at 110 psi.

Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!! Semperit_on

notice the 2x4 remnants under the centestand, that arent' there in the first picture? couldn't get the tire under the fender and into place without raising the bike. I carefully jacked each side up individually just enough to slip the wood underneath. tire and wheel slid right in.

after a couple hundred miles of riding, it's my experience that handling is fundamentally unaffectedby the car tire. doesn't require any increased countersteering that I can notice. I've scraped the centerstand a couple times in turns and leaning takes no more effort than before. the Semperit, in 155/65-R14, is about an inch bigger in diameter (to my calibrated eye) than the OEM tire, and depending on the uneveness of the surface, can sometimes contact the pavement when the bike is up on the centerstand. this actually aids my ride-off-the-centerstand-kung-fu style. tire clearance with teh swingarm adn fender is not an issue. Alone I set teh shock preload to 1, and there's no contact between the tire and inner fender over any bump I've experienced so far. ridden two up on preload setting 3, no contact even with my son on the back who weighs about 160.

one significant advantage that the semperit winter Grip has over the OEM is on low traction surfaces. saturday I took the bike to a local climbing area at which I ordinarily park the bike partway up the hiking trail, riding uphill over loose ground cover and exposed tree roots. with the OEM tire it was a little sketchy traction-wise, but with the semperit, I just powered on up no problems.
sometimes, on the highway I can feel what I think must be a bit of tread squirm ( since the tread blocks ont eh semperit are much smaller and discontinuous, unlike the OEM Bridgestone), but its very, VERY, subtle, and unnoticable 99% of the time. otherwise the handling is business as usual.

so far I'm pretty pleased, beyond the hassle getting it mounted

rc23

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed May 28, 2008 8:21 am

Thanks for the write up....That was a lot of air for a 14" tire....I would have chickened out before then....Glad to hear your happy with it....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Even a little Burgman can cross to the darkside!!! Empty Tire size

Post  snake Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:07 am

What brand/size tire did you get for your burgman 650?
Thanks
Snake

snake

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:27 am

Snake the Semperit tire is a german tire. You might have to click the PM button in his signature to send him a private message and ask him about it. I don't think he has been here since the end of May.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:31 pm

great write up . cheers
Welcome to the Darkside .
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down