Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get the seat off a Valk Interstate

2 posters

Go down

How to get the seat off a Valk Interstate Empty How to get the seat off a Valk Interstate

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:34 am

Ok...we were told my the dealer there's a key lock under the seat to get it off.

It's a 1999 Valk Interstate, battery is giving a co work fits and we can't see a way to get the seat off nor a key lock to get the seat off.

Thanks
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to get the seat off a Valk Interstate Empty Re: How to get the seat off a Valk Interstate

Post  easygoer Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:07 am

I have a Valkyrie Standard and the seat is different, but I believe it locks the same way. The key lock is in the center panel, under the seat/tank area just to the right of the petcock. There should be a key slot there with a chrome ring around it.

Put the key in and turn it to the right. This is a cable lock and turning the key pulls a cable that unlatches the lock. Turn key and lift front of seat. Hope this helps (and isn't too late).

Paul

easygoer

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

How to get the seat off a Valk Interstate Empty Re: How to get the seat off a Valk Interstate

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:17 am

easygoer wrote:I have a Valkyrie Standard and the seat is different, but I believe it locks the same way. The key lock is in the center panel, under the seat/tank area just to the right of the petcock. There should be a key slot there with a chrome ring around it.

Put the key in and turn it to the right. This is a cable lock and turning the key pulls a cable that unlatches the lock. Turn key and lift front of seat. Hope this helps (and isn't too late).

Paul

Thank you...looks like the previous owner put a chrome cover over that section....now to figure how to get it off....too bad we can reach in and pull the cable. Cool
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  easygoer Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:43 am

Wow, sorry to hear that. I can't get a visual of what he has. Corbin did make a custom side cover that wrapped up to the tank area, enclosing the gap. Here's a pic of my setup and where the key lock is located. It's in the shadows there just below/right of the petcock.
How to get the seat off a Valk Interstate SideCoverSm

easygoer

Back to top Go down

Post  easygoer Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:37 am

Just a side note....

If he has a different side cover this won't help. But the stock side covers have 3 fastening points. A pin/rubber grommet type at the bottom center and upper rear corner. PULL UPPER CORNER FIRST, THEN BOTTOM CENTER SECOND.

The third fastening point is in the front where the side/center panels come together. This is a flimsy slot/tab type that is notorious for breaking, especially if you're not careful or try to pull there first (don't ask how I know).

Paul

easygoer

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:07 pm

easygoer wrote:Just a side note....

If he has a different side cover this won't help. But the stock side covers have 3 fastening points. A pin/rubber grommet type at the bottom center and upper rear corner. PULL UPPER CORNER FIRST, THEN BOTTOM CENTER SECOND.

The third fastening point is in the front where the side/center panels come together. This is a flimsy slot/tab type that is notorious for breaking, especially if you're not careful or try to pull there first (don't ask how I know).

Paul

He's got the stock side covers, but there's a chrome cover over the fuel petcock that's got 3 bolts in it.

Thanks for the pic...that helps alot too.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  easygoer Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:42 pm

Hmmm, sounds like one of these, or similar cover. Didn't know it interfered with the key lock. If it's this, be careful removing it. It's a chrome "engine hanger" cover.

Paul

How to get the seat off a Valk Interstate Chromehanger

easygoer

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:15 pm

easygoer wrote:Hmmm, sounds like one of these, or similar cover. Didn't know it interfered with the key lock. If it's this, be careful removing it. It's a chrome "engine hanger" cover.

Paul

How to get the seat off a Valk Interstate Chromehanger

That's it...but thankfully there's room to reach the key with out taking it off....thought the key was behind it...not on the forward facing piece...bent down low and saw it. cheers
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  easygoer Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:22 am

Alright!! Good to hear it. cheers

Hope the battery issue isn't serious. My stock oem battery lasted 9 years before it slowly gave up. Alot more electrical stuff on an Interstate tho.

Paul

easygoer

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:42 pm

Yeah, it's going out....been slowly needing more and more cranking time and even needed to be put on the charger. He rides every day.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down