Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanting to go car tire for bike and sidecar, need help finding size.

4 posters

Go down

Wanting to go car tire for bike and sidecar, need help finding size. Empty Wanting to go car tire for bike and sidecar, need help finding size.

Post  Goody5 Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi I have a Harley Ultra with a sidecar. Both the rear bike tire and sidecar uses the same tire size. Its a Dunlap D402 or 140/90R16. What car tire would I be looking for? and who would be able to change the tires? Auto place or Motorcycle place? Thanks for any input!
Goody5
Goody5

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-09-25

Back to top Go down

Wanting to go car tire for bike and sidecar, need help finding size. Empty Re: Wanting to go car tire for bike and sidecar, need help finding size.

Post  rossmond Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:05 pm

check your clearance,,175/60/16,,or 175/55/16,narrowest i can find,http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=175%2F&ratio=60&diameter=16   or  http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?customSizeSearch=&performance=ALL&width=175%2F&ratio=55&diameter=16
I went from a 170/70/16 to a 205/60/16 ,,cleared the fender rail by 1/16"or more.I went to my local custom bike shop,more bike dealers might do it cause its a sidecar ride.Good luck
rossmond
rossmond

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-09-05

Back to top Go down

Wanting to go car tire for bike and sidecar, need help finding size. Empty Re: Wanting to go car tire for bike and sidecar, need help finding size.

Post  chuckwgn Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:46 pm

This might help
www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.do

chuckwgn

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  rrounds Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:32 pm

This thread is from 2014, I would hope they found the right tire by now.

ROD

rrounds

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down