Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bridgestone BT-45...rear on front

2 posters

Go down

Bridgestone BT-45...rear on front Empty Bridgestone BT-45...rear on front

Post  skullsession Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:19 am

Victory Cross Country. I've got about 3,000 miles on a car tire on back. Liking it. Was time for a new front tire so I went with the Bridgestone BT-45 on front. Feels good...but I had quite a time getting it installed.

First dealer, Honda, wouldn't touch it because it was a rear tire going on a front wheel. Counter guy also said there's no way they'd flip the rotation for me even if they did.

Second dealer, Victory, called me an hour after I dropped off the tire and the wheel saying that "the boss" saw what I was trying to do and said they couldn't do it for me.

I finally decided that I was just saying too much. So...the third place, an independent shop, I just gave them the wheel and the tire and said, "I want you to mount this motorcycle tire on this motorcycle wheel...." and left it at that. At this point I didn't care about rotation. I wanted it on my bike. I've seen guys running the tire either way - and I honestly can't get my head around WHY the rotation needs to be flipped anyway. So it's done. On the bike for a couple hundred miles so far. Feels like any other tire I've ever had on my bike.

Am I going to DIE because I didn't flip the rotation?

I also learned a trick. Next time, if I do need to flip the rotation, I"ll just tell the guy that the last idiot put the tire on backwards and ask him to flip the rotation so that it's going "the correct way". That way he gets to be the hero.
skullsession
skullsession

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Bridgestone BT-45...rear on front Empty Re: Bridgestone BT-45...rear on front

Post  rrounds Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:21 pm

If you take the wheel and tire to the shop just tell them it's going on a side car. I have done that for the c/t on the rear and for a "rear" tire that I run up front on my bike.

ROD

rrounds

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  skullsession Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:13 am

Great idea. EVERYONE is so scared of lawsuits.
skullsession
skullsession

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down