Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dynobeads

4 posters

Go down

dynobeads Empty dynobeads

Post  adrian86607 Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:11 am

put on a kuhmo 165 80 15 honda 1100 spirit. i had ordered dyno beads but didnt not put them in at time of monting. i can t tell any vibration after 2 weeks of riding coming from the tire. is there any need to put the dyno beads in tire?

adrian86607

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

dynobeads Empty Re: dynobeads

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:34 am

well, it might not hurt to keep it balanced...

I am kinda debating the same thing right now with my new front tire... couple hundred miles and still smooth with NO balancing what-so-ever.... heck, I think I forgot where I put the beads I bought to go in it! Rolling Eyes Laughing
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:17 am

I used the DynaBeads for the first time back in the spring when I mounted my 7 th Cooper Zeon 2XS . I got the worse mileage of any of the other Cooper's with that tire ( 7,400 miles ) . At 35 mph my bike had a slight bounce to it. I mounted a new Fuzion ZRi 2 weeks ago and let the dealer balance it and the slight bounce is gone. DynaBeads = Snake Oil.

dynobeads DarkSide-Work-Crash017Large

dynobeads DarkSide-Work-Crash015Largedynobeads Tire
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:50 am

I can't imagine how dynabeads would negatively affect mileage.

Both times I've installed tires, we've hand balanced them and used sticky weights for the first 500 miles. I think is usually takes 1.5 oz of sticky weights to get it balanced. After 500 miles, I remove the weights and insert dynabeads. I don't notice any difference in the ride.

I like the idea of dynabeads keeping my tire balanced for the life of the tire.

I DO have a good test for dynabeads. I have a 2003 ford explorer. The last set of tires just don't seem to ever balance right. It will vibrate at 70 or 80, which means it's happening a lot earlier-I just begin to feel it at 70 or 80. I'll replace the weights with dynabeads and see what happens...and of course I'll report back!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: