Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRUNK DRIVERS SUCK

+7
smokey2255
ttexastim
nodakbassmaster
jedishon
Badmoon
Larry Simpson
2wheeladdict
11 posters

Go down

DRUNK DRIVERS SUCK Empty DRUNK DRIVERS SUCK

Post  2wheeladdict Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:48 am

Yesterday at about 4 PM I had a drunk bastard run smack into the corner of my house. After taking out the corner of my house, I guess he figured he wasn't done wrecking my property, he drove back and forth in my yard trying to get turned around and back on the street. In the process of his frantic getaway in my yard he ran over my pride and joy, MY BIKE. Took the bike to the shop today and I figure it will be totaled. I sure did enjoy the CT for the short time I was able to ride it. After all the legal and insurance shit is taken care of I will have a bike again. You all had better believe it will be rolling on a CT. I might need some info later on because I have no idea what I will be riding. Will keep everyone informed on the progress while I am bikeless. I already miss having a bike, it's in my blood forever. Everyone out there ride safe and rack up as many miles as you can.

2wheeladdict

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

DRUNK DRIVERS SUCK Empty re drunk drivers suck

Post  Larry Simpson Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:57 am

You are right they suck .sorry about your bike,just be glad it wasn't one of your family instead,they don't descriminate.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

DRUNK DRIVERS SUCK Empty Re: DRUNK DRIVERS SUCK

Post  2wheeladdict Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:02 am

I know. He would be a dead man right now if he had run one of my family over. I'll be OK when I get up on two wheels again. Thanks for the kind words man.

2wheeladdict

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:51 am

You did not say if the LEO's got him. Glad you and your family are OK. The rest is just stuff. Now you can get more stuff... Sorry for your loss but am happy for your soon to come gains.
It is OK to kick that A-hole in the sack when you see him on the street tho.

Peace.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheeladdict Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:33 am

Yeah they got him. He lives less than half mile south from me. My wife was home when he hit my house. She went out to see if he was OK. When she realized that he was trying to take off she started hitting the side window of his truck while screaming "Stop you SOB". She got the license plate # and called it in. The responding officer was one mile north of my house when the call came out. He drove right past my house to his and arrested him within about five minutes. I was at work when this all took place. If I had been home I would have probably gone to jail with him for beating the hell out of him. I would love to kick him in the sack, but unfortunately I would likely get locked up for a longer sentence for assault than he will be doing for all of his charges. I want you all to know that I'm not trying to whine to everyone about my problems and have you all feel sorry for me. Not my intentions at all. This is just another way for me to vent out my frustrations. I have got so much pent up aggression over all this I sometimes scare myself. I am glad that I can find different ways to calm down. I used to use my bike to forget my troubles. Funny how a ride on a scoot will make a person feel all better.

2wheeladdict

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:30 am

Feel free to vent. I know I'd be screaming bloody murder. I have no use for drunks or for people on cell phones. (dont ask about the guy that almost hit me because he was texting). Glad he didn't run your wife down when she was yelling at him. Any idea on what bike will be next?

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:31 am

coulda been worse! Stay calm and get back on a scoot when you can! Exclamation
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:35 am

Boy ... I have no idea how I would respond in that situation. I go ballistic is someone I don't know is on my property, let alone if they drove their car into my house. The fam is okay ...and that's the most important. The other stuff can be remade or reacquired. Keep your chin up!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:58 am

Glad it was not worse, all the material shit can be fixed and replaced. I can tell you that here inIllinois assault "for the right reason" is only a $250 fine Very Happy Very Happy Money well spent in my case Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ummmmm I mean I read about it :pirat: Laughing Laughing Now just hope his insurance honors his policy they sometimes try to weasel out because he was breaking the law when he did it. Good luck with it all.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:35 am

How bad is the house..seen a few houses here totalled due to drunk drivers...scary isn't it?

I agree with ya about wanting to kicking his ass but it's just stuff, get it fixed and keep on moving. Hopefully he'll sober up. Rolling Eyes
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis56 Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 pm

gratefull along with you that no one was hurt, so jump for joy for that,

mark f
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:41 pm

smokey2255 wrote: I can tell you that here inIllinois assault "for the right reason" is only a $250 fine

If that happened to me,I would have Glock-ed his tires. I wonder if that would be legal or if I would have been arrested. It is illegal to discharge a firearm in public here in Kissimmee but, if I was keeping a hit-n-run drunken asshole driver from leaving the scene, would I be justified? Hmmmm...the things that one contemplates. Laughing

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:43 pm

A rant is just that, a rant. No problems here. I still say to kick him in the sack. He put your wife in a bad situation when he was trying to leave. That by itself is a Kick in the Sack. Glad all were ok and just the material things were damaged. Like said those can be repaired or replaced. The wife no. Sounds like you are handleing things the right way by blowing off steam here and not kicking the sheeite outta him. Me, unfortunately, I would be doing this from jail as I cant rationalize like yall. It is usually after the fact when I realize that things could have been handled different. For this I commend you.

This whole situation you are in just Pisses me off. I have had dealings with drunks before and have been screwed. Hope this plays out for you OK.

Just sayin.
Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheeladdict Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:01 pm

Got the estimate done on my bike today. Very possible that it will be totalled. The drunk bastards ins. is already trying to put the screws to me. Luckily my ins. company is ready to fight for me. They have told me that they will handle the claims and get the money out of the other company if I want them to do so. I do believe that would be in my best interest. Well enough of the ins. talk. I think that I will look at getting a Honda Valkyrie, VTX 1800, Triumph R3, or a Royalstar Venture to replace my bike if it is totalled. All four of those bikes are really great rides. Take care everyone.

2wheeladdict

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:45 pm

Dang that sucks, I guess I'm partially lucky in that if it happened to me he would have an extra large set of charges as I would have been the arresting officer and the book would have been thrown. DUI's are probably 2nd or 3rd on my list of worst crimes for many reasons I'll not dwell on here.

Try to enjoy spending your time picking out a next bike and be sure to press charges as far as they will let you go on this situation. There is no way her should be out of jail before your house and bike are both replaced, he SHOULD be looking at some decent time.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down