Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the difference

3 posters

Go down

What's the difference Empty What's the difference

Post  Illusion Blue Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:48 pm

So what's the difference of the two tires?Between the 165 and the 205.I know you have to change rims and from what it appears like,the 205 looks more like a bike tire.Which preforms better?What if i do the 165,what tire dealer sells them?Who can i get to put it on?What is the recomended tire pressure for it being on the bike.Sorry,i know it's a lot of questions,but you guys said to ask,lol.
Illusion Blue
Illusion Blue

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-12-16

http://www.myspace.com/dmj667

Back to top Go down

What's the difference Empty Re: What's the difference

Post  nodakbassmaster Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:56 pm

the difference is the width of the tire... and up to a point that helps determine the width of rim that the tire will fit on.
Start with around 40PSI and adjust up and down a few PSI to see what feels best for you!

Some dealers will install a CT, some won't.... you might have to call around. Or tell them it's for a trike? If that doesn't work I hear most local speed shops don;t have any problem doing it.

Size of the tire has nothing to do with performance. It's the tire itself and you'd have to compare the traction, treadwear and speed ratings between the tires you are looking at...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:57 pm

Illusion Blue wrote:So what's the difference of the two tires?Between the 165 and the 205.I know you have to change rims and from what it appears like,the 205 looks more like a bike tire.Which preforms better?What if i do the 165,what tire dealer sells them?Who can i get to put it on?What is the recomended tire pressure for it being on the bike.Sorry,i know it's a lot of questions,but you guys said to ask,lol.

Illusion,

*the 165mm fits the stock 1300 rim which is 4" wide.

*the difference between the two tire are in width of milimeters of the tire.

*you have to do a foot's mod to go with the 205 tire...I hope toasted, smokey or caribcruiser comes on to help you with that mod to put the darkside on because they have done it.

*It's best to try to get them locally...most local dealers can order them for you without shipping and cost between $35-$75. Off the internet....between $50-$90.

*We always tell and recommend and run ourselves...the manufactured recommended air pressure or within 5 psi. (We do NOT recommend low air pressure). This is for safety reasons.

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down