Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip

4 posters

Go down

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Empty Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip

Post  titaniumwing Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:36 am

Went to go see the Honda superbike race at the BMP and had a great time. Whitedevil, my Dad, my 11 year old Dusty and myself left Friday, 17th under not so great conditions, but had a great time anyway...the races where great, just wish I where up on the riders and bikes better, and the BMP is a wonderful setup and very beautiful. Every attention to detail....Kudoes to Mr. Barber.......Now to the good part, Make every effort possible to go to the museum, the motorcycles are top knotch and are displayed wonderfully and I saw bikes I haven't seen or thought about in years and a lot I didn't know exsisted, It is a must see!!!!!

Whitedevil 7:00 am at the IHOP

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08021

My Dad puttin on rain gear before getting on the Natchez Trace

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08025

Dusty's First bike trip and we broke him in in the rain, Rode for over a hour in a downpour.

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08027

Smoke standing at the ready, fearless backup and the keeper of the rule book!!!!

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08026

Love to hear those Ducati's run...Whitedevil and Dusty in front of their hauler

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08162

Dad, WD, and Dusty at the entrance of museum with Jay Springsteen's XR750

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08183

Here is a Harley most would like to forget...a 250cc two stroke streetbike

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08272

The bottom of a tree shapped affair on the bottom floor going to the ceiling

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08211

the rest of the picture headed to the ceiling

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08212

Bikes on the wall

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08202

They had the door open to his wharehouse. This is just some of the bikes not displayed and some waiting to be restored. A massive collection that just cannot be imagined nor can pic's do it justice, take my word for it and go see, you will not be dissappointed....acy

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08274

Twin this one's just for you...a Bultaco Astro 360 and it was in perfect condition...Wanted to cry, put on some leathers and then crank it up...you know the rest!!!

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08216[img]

The start of a race at a hair pin corner...Boy do the fly!!!!!

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08322

Would'nt be comp;ete w/o a a$% busting..hit the gaurdrail in front of us head on, guy got up okay..just would not believe it!!!!

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08328

And a wheelie..they are going so fast, your lucky to get them in the picture.

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Alabamasuperbikerace08093
titaniumwing
titaniumwing

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Empty Re: Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip

Post  jedishon Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:59 am

Great pics, saw o show on tv about that place, and how they decided what bikes to display. Would like to see it in real life.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip Empty Re: Museum at Barber Motorsports Park...Well Worth the trip

Post  twin1300 Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:42 am

Awesome pics titaniumwing! Thanks for the Astro pic and nice write up! Yes, nothing sounds like a Ducati at full song either!

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:27 am

Plus the "Road Captain" thing is law somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:35 am

Nice pics acy, too bad I will be traveling through that area at night. Looks like a good see.

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down