Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help ASAP! Mechanic Can't Put My Wheel Back On With a Triple Tread On It

2 posters

Go down

Help ASAP!  Mechanic Can't Put My Wheel Back On With a Triple Tread On It Empty Help ASAP! Mechanic Can't Put My Wheel Back On With a Triple Tread On It

Post  riseabove50 Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:14 pm

so the bike shop i took my 02 1800 C to put the tire on my back wheel, but is saying that they can't put it back on because of the swing arm. they say "it doesn't fit." i haven't gone to the shop yet to see for myself what they are talking about specifically but I was under the impression that a 130/70/R18 Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread would fit on the wheel and under the bike with no problems. is there a trick to getting it remounted? if so, what do i tell the mechanic to try?

thanks all.

Mark

riseabove50

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Help ASAP!  Mechanic Can't Put My Wheel Back On With a Triple Tread On It Empty Re: Help ASAP! Mechanic Can't Put My Wheel Back On With a Triple Tread On It

Post  riseabove50 Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:41 am

disregard! he got it on - whew!!

riseabove50

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Help ASAP!  Mechanic Can't Put My Wheel Back On With a Triple Tread On It Empty Re: Help ASAP! Mechanic Can't Put My Wheel Back On With a Triple Tread On It

Post  rrounds Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:31 am

What one can do to help the tire on is to let the air out and take some wax paper to slip between the tire and swing arm. Works very good.

ROD

rrounds

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down