Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clarification on a Kawasaki C10 / concours

3 posters

Go down

Clarification on a Kawasaki C10 / concours Empty Clarification on a Kawasaki C10 / concours

Post  Farqual Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:53 pm

I have a 02' Connie and i have weighed all the pros and cons i can find on joining the dark side and i feel it is right up my ally. most of what i could find on the COG site and others are people using the meanstreak wheel modified. A few references of stock rim , but rarly does the post look like it is curent enough to give good reference to what tires that are curently made work well with no modification. very little in the database on the conies. just a guy whos new to the dark side wanting to make sure i dont end up with the wrong tire for my rig. any advice for a newb whos read tons of posts and felt none the smarter for it would be appreciated.

Farqual

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-17

Back to top Go down

Clarification on a Kawasaki C10 / concours Empty Re: Clarification on a Kawasaki C10 / concours

Post  Fly Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:06 am

Hi, I'm using a Vredestien Comtrac tire, 175 75 R 16 on my stock 05 Concours. With something over 30,000 miles on the tire, there is very little wear.

Since the Concours is already top heavy, during the first few hundred miles, you'll notice a slight instability doing a very tight turn at walking speeds. Not a lot more than with a bike tire, but if you pay attention, it is there. You very soon don't even notice. There are probably better tires, as I found it very difficult to find the correct air pressure, so it wouldn't start a rear end wobble at around 90 MPH. Not that I ride at those speeds, just feel it's important to be stable at all speeds the bike is capable of going.

Hope this helps.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://vulcanriders.us/forum

Back to top Go down

Clarification on a Kawasaki C10 / concours Empty Re: Clarification on a Kawasaki C10 / concours

Post  Danodemotoman Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Been running the darkside since 2008 0n the last three of the 4 C10's.
First post:
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/t1802-sport-touer-goes-darkside#16843

Danodemotoman

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down