First VLX on the site & still dark

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First VLX on the site & still dark

Post  Otis56 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:56 pm

I went to the ct after doing the normal researching here and there, mostly here. I put on my first car tire in Nov 2008 and haven't regretted it one bit. I started out with a 165/80/15 Federal tire and ran this for 16001 miles. It still had lots of tread when I switched to the Kumho 165/80/15. I switched early needless to say. I wanted to go wider with the 185/65/15 but the sucker just wouldn't seat. Took the 185 back for a swap to the 165.

Now with just over 30,000 miles under my belt I feel like I'm not a newb anymore to the darkside world. Thanks go to the guys that set up this site and for being so supportive with their help.

When I first started looking into the ct there was not one vlx know to have done so, so the help offered meant a great deal. Stay with it guys, and thanks again.

mark
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Re: First VLX on the site & still dark

Post  simpleman77 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:35 am

Mark, you were the reason I went darkside on my 2001 VLX a few years back. I thought it was nuts but you had done it and had great advice. This site also helped alot. Thanks everyone for keeping this site going and all the help you offer.

As an aside, I've not gone darkside since my 1985 Shadow 1100. I ended up with a mt on it, then sold it and am now on a 2004 Vulcan 1500 for about the past year. Great bike and may one day darkside it.
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top