Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need to Replace My Dunlop Run Flat, How is the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max

4 posters

Go down

Need to Replace My Dunlop Run Flat, How is the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max Empty Need to Replace My Dunlop Run Flat, How is the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max

Post  mash71 Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Fat fingered the keyboard. I should have typed 195/60/16.
I need to replace my Dunlop Wintersport R/F. Please give me your experience with the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max. Can I run a 195/60/16 without it rubbing on my GL1500? I have replaced my rear shocks with the progressive air socks. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mash71 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

mash71

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Need to Replace My Dunlop Run Flat, How is the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max Empty Re: Need to Replace My Dunlop Run Flat, How is the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max

Post  cpwomer Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:12 pm

I wore out my Dunlop at (same tire) 29,000 miles and since went to the Goodyear Assurance175 series and compared to the old tire its a little squishy in the turn with acceleration but not real bad, just a little more that before.. Good tire so far and great tread at 15,000 so far...My next choice maybe the Dunlop DSST if its still available, but do your research I heard Michelin is coming out with a ZP Car tire that will fit. (Zero Pressure)...I'm always looking at the new stuff for the future... My 1988 is at 120,000 and going strong on CT's
cpwomer
cpwomer

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Need to Replace My Dunlop Run Flat, How is the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max Empty Re: Need to Replace My Dunlop Run Flat, How is the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max

Post  Flyn Tiger Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Mash71, I don't know if you have replaced your tire yet but I just add one on mine and I got the Hankook H426 in a 195/60/16 and I love it. I looked at the Assurance and read many reviews but most talked about it did not grip good in the wet and it showed signs of cracking in the sidewalls in a short period of time. I am about to write a review on the Hankook if you would like to read it.

Flyn Tiger

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  90goldwing Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:16 am

I have a GL 1500 and had to replace my Dunlop RF because of a nail on the very edge of the tread. No matter how much I tried it still leaked air because of where the hole was located. So it was off to find another CT for the bike. BTW, I had over 3000 miles on this tire without any problems. It felt and handled just like the MC tire except in the rain when THIS tire had twice the traction.
Enter the Goodyear Assurance FuelMax NON RF. After mounting the tire with 38lbs of air, I took it for a ride. The ride was soft but the bike wiggled in the turns. Went home and put 40lbs of air and took another ride. The ride was better but the wiggle was still there. Added 44lbs of air and the wiggle was almost gone. After riding for a while the air pressure increased to 49lbs (I have a TPMS) and the bike felt better.
I have over 1000 miles on this tire and still don’t like it. The handle is OK in the twisties but there is still a hint of wiggle. So this past weekend I took the bike out with the trailer for the first time. Everything was OK until I hit 65mph going straight on the interstate pulling the trailer. The bike started to wiggle real bad and had to drop the speed down to 60.
I started my search again for the Dunlop Wintersport RF. I found one and when it arrives it will go on the bike ASAP. I do know firsthand how GOOD and SAVE a RF tire is because on the interstate the tire went flat and I was able to limp at 50mph to the next exit and re-plug the tire to get home safely.
The bottom line is I will NEVER put a non run flat tire on the bike again. If I cannot find a RF car tire to fit my 1500, I will go kicking and screaming back to a MC tire. This Goodyear tire may do fine on a lighter bike but it isn’t worth a @#$% on a 1500 Goldwing.
If any of you have any other questions, please ask.

90goldwing

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down