Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible problem with Austone (NOT the wobble thing)

3 posters

Go down

Possible problem with Austone (NOT the wobble thing) Empty Possible problem with Austone (NOT the wobble thing)

Post  quadancer Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:04 pm

Doods: I'm one of the MOST AVID Darksiders amongst us, as I LIVE scraping the head bolts off the underside of my boards (5th set now)
and that's just the way I love to ride.
My present tire is Dan Koich's wobbly Austone he gifted me and as I've reported, it improved muchly with computer balance and RideOn
tire sealant and balance, which to this day I now swear by, over dynabeads that do what they're supposed to.
Ready?
I got a 3" crack formed from all my trailer-pullin', board scrapin', buddy racin' insanity at about the...crap, can't find the mileage, but about
1/16" from the wear bars at this point...
Should I be concerned about this crack? About 3" long dead in the tread channel. Will be watching closely for more separation:
Possible problem with Austone (NOT the wobble thing) IMG_20130616_175330_zps1ca7c8e8
Lemme post this on the other forum too. -gvar vglnk = { api_url: 'http://api.viglink.com/api', key: 'a187ca0f52aa99eb8b5c172d5d93c05b' };
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Possible problem with Austone (NOT the wobble thing) Empty Re: Possible problem with Austone (NOT the wobble thing)

Post  rrounds Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:51 am

Just get a new tire. What the crack does is let the elements get to the cord and that will weaken it to a point of failure. You might not see anything wrong with the cord but the strength of the cord can be compromised and I wouldn't take the chance if it was my bike the way I ride and on the roads that I ride on. Just replace it.

ROD

rrounds

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Possible problem with Austone (NOT the wobble thing) Empty Re: Possible problem with Austone (NOT the wobble thing)

Post  MorePowerWes Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:29 pm

If it were mine I'd just replace it.
MorePowerWes
MorePowerWes

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down