Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New possible tire with wild tech specs

5 posters

Go down

New possible tire with wild tech specs Empty New possible tire with wild tech specs

Post  quadancer Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:40 pm

It comes in a 185/75/16, which is just 3% smaller than the Austone. Click on the little descriptors and look at the popups - this thing will blow your mind! These guys got some chit on the ball, I tells ya!
http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=11896&group=3.02&name=Nokian+Hakka+C+Cargo

and we can buy it here for $158.00????:

http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-8963-nokian-hakka-c-cargo-tires.aspx

My only challenge now is to fit the 185 into my 05' softail frame - and I think if I grind or bend out the fender a bit it will go. I'm really liking this thing. thumbup
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

New possible tire with wild tech specs Empty Re: New possible tire with wild tech specs

Post  rrounds Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:15 pm

I would pay the little extra for the VREDESTEIN COMTRAC. I have one(175/75-16) on my mid-weight bike(700 LBS) and I think I'll get over 30k out of it. I load the bike up heavy with 450+LBS so I do put that tire to the test, and it just keeps rolling along refusing to wear out.
http://www.tiresbyweb.com/tbw_tiresearchadv2.aspx?treadwidth=185&profile=75&rimsize=16&Winter=0&Pageindex=1&choice2=All

ROD

rrounds

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

New possible tire with wild tech specs Empty Re: New possible tire with wild tech specs

Post  quadancer Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:13 pm

Rod, my man, in MY world, YOU are a 'flower sniffer' if you got THAT many miles out of the Vred!!! I know I'm an exception to the rule and ride my
cruiser like a crotch rocket, but I got maybe - I forget - about 18k out of the Vred...which to ME is a LOT of miles...the Vred was the best tire I ever
ran on the back. Now it's out of circulation, I am looking at ANYTHING comparable in size and the specs on the "load lugger" definitely impress me.
Hey, thanx for being here bro. I wish I could meet everyone someday before I expire.
Hey, any day now...Praise and Live for God or die forever, right?
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  rrounds Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:26 pm

You're right I like flowers and I love on how I get to those flowers. On some of those roads I have to climb 26% grades and then I have to go down them to. My 1100 only has around 60 hp so I can't really burn up a tire but I do like to have fun riding the mountain roads.

https://s949.photobucket.com/user/rrounds/library/6-11-10%20Ride?sort=2&page=1

ROD

rrounds

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Hey, my best bud and riding pard Ron, has a Yamama 1100 cammed for power, heat wrapped 2/1 exhaust, carbs tweaked to perfection with his own 02 sensors
and Air/Fuel gauges, and it runs neck and neck with my 1450cc torque cammed Harley. We'd LOVE to tear up that hill of yours!!! Here he is leading:
New possible tire with wild tech specs RonBringsIt
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

New possible tire with wild tech specs Empty Wild new tire

Post  Dan Koich Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:37 pm

So what caused you to change your mind and get the Dunlop Taxi instead of this Nokian?

Dan Koich

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:25 am

Only that TireEasy is sold out of 'em, and won't be getting another shipment for some time. It will probably be my next tire then.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron S Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:05 pm

quadancer wrote:Only that TireEasy is sold out of 'em, and won't be getting another shipment for some time. It will probably be my next tire then.

Tires By Web has it for 146 w/free shipping. I just used the link at the top and found it. Funny thing is you have to enter your vehicle, make model and miles first to get to the cart. What do you think their reaction will be seeing an 05 Road King in there ; )
Ron S
Ron S

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:20 pm

I dunno. They CALLED me backĀ  to let me know the tire was out of stock and would be a while before next shipment.
I suggest you DON'T clik on the Viglink that I can't seem to get rid of. If you're a hacker, please destroy their website?
New possible tire with wild tech specs Accelerator_icon
var vglnk = { api_url: 'http://api.viglink.com/api', key: 'a187ca0f52aa99eb8b5c172d5d93c05b' };

var vglnk = { api_url: 'http://api.viglink.com/api', key: 'a187ca0f52aa99eb8b5c172d5d93c05b' };
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron S Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 pm

Well, my buddy has been listening to me talk and ordered an Austone tonight. I guess I'll be finding out early next week what this is all like
Ron S
Ron S

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky_Mtn_Sly Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi QuadDancer - I'm following this post closely. Picking up an '07 Springer Softail Classic (FLSTSC) this weekend and was bummed to realize I might not be able to squeeze a CT on this bike.

I've been DoubleDark for a couple years and don't want a MT on my new Harley. Do you think the VREDESTEIN 185/75/16 will fit on an '07 Softail?

Any help on this matter would be appreciated. I have a local shop who will mount anything I bring to them (they put knobbies on my GoldWing for me) But I don't want to bring them a tire that won't fit and I'm not down with taking a grinder to my bike or doing any of the other mods that HelixHippie did to his Softail.

Thanks,

Sly

Rocky_Mtn_Sly

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:48 am

I dunno on the 185, but it might be in the database. The 175 will definitely go in, and you'd be in love with it. So far, the Dunnie only has one
small negative: it doesn't have quite the braking power of the Aussi or the Comtrac, but will run lower pressure without wobble, so it's even
smoother and corners as good as the Aussie. Not cheap, tho.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky_Mtn_Sly Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks quadancer - The Dunlop Taxi tire will fit and the other two are not available. Looks like I'm getting the Dunlop. Super glad to hear that I can fit a CT on my '07 Softail without modifications. I'll post pictures when they're mounted. I'll be following this forum to see about my next CT because it sounds like there's some new products being developed. For now, the Dunlop Taxi tire should be perfect. Thank

Rocky_Mtn_Sly

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:50 am

Further testing on our grooved interstate sections had me lower pressures until it began wallowing in the curves - my sweet spot
came in at 34 lbs., so there is a good place for you to start. I've mentioned elsewhere that this tire has slightly less braking than
the Comtrac or Austone, (narrow tread width) but it may corner better; I just can't get it to slip.
I'll see you guys on the Dragon Monday - we'll be the guys with the SCRC eagle on our backs, plus a few nonpatched members.
Ron and I will be the ones in front, I suspect! WOOT!
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky_Mtn_Sly Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi Quadancer - PM sent re: a WinterSport tire instead of the taxi. I'd love your opinion. I've been loving my first Harley but that Dunlop D404 out back is garbage. I'm ordering my DoubleDark setup soon. Not going with that Shenko 777 you've got up front. Instead, I'm going with an 80/20 DualSport tire. Knobbies on the Springer Classic!

Rocky_Mtn_Sly

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:55 pm

Been gone a bit but I is back!
I think you better be a leaf gawking flower sniffer if you run a dualsport on a big Harley and hit the twisties, but that's just me. I see some guys running the Wintersport, but I can only get it in a 60 aspect as I recall. I don't want my torque motor screaming like a turbo.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down