Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

side wall wear

2 posters

Go down

side wall wear Empty side wall wear

Post  madred Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:47 pm

I am on my second car tire on a 2004 Goldwing. The first tire (Goodyear Eagle, run flat) worked great with approx. 20,000 miles but the sidewall was showing cords before the thread was finished. I changed to a Bridgestone BRS Turanza and the sidewall blewout today with only 8300 miles and yes the air pressure was good. I did notice that the sidewall was wearing down but the cords were not showing yet. My question, what car tire has a good sidewall for mountain riding?

madred

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Back to top Go down

side wall wear Empty Re: side wall wear

Post  CutterDuck Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:14 pm

I am running the Michelin Alpin Primacy PA3, a winter snow tire that is a run flat. Some guys who are REALLY hard chargers coming out the the corners have reported a wiggle with the tire but the majority of riders using this tire will never get anywhere close to finding that wiggle.
CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  madred Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:37 pm

I did not have any problems with wiggle, just the cords showing on the sidewall. I looked at the tire after I removed it and it has cords showing almost all the way around and the area where the blow out came the cords are really showing. Not sure if I need to increase the pressure on the new one or not.

madred

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  CutterDuck Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:58 pm

I am running 30 in the Alpin, a run flat tire. I show no signs of sidewall wear with the tire and I run mostly twisites of TN, NC, and GA. I lean it over far enough that I have scrapped the baker foot wings. The previous Alpin, I ran 32 in but wore the center out and still had good tread on the outsides.
CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum