Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to the darkside!

2 posters

Go down

new to the  darkside! Empty new to the darkside!

Post  golfishunts Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:59 pm

After using up another MC tire at 10000 miles i decided to join some of my friends and try the Darkside Vader . I'm riding a 2008 VTX 1800N. I just picked the bike back up yesterday with a new Bridgestone on the front and a new 205-60-16 Goodyear TT on the back. I'm also trying the Dyna Beads for the first time. The handling feels a bit different but it doesn't seem like its a radical change. The ride feels smoother but the bike definately wants to wander a bit when hitting a rutted-out section of road. We are just coming in to riding season here in Michigan, with temperatures hitting the low 50's cold , so hopefully i can get some miles on it over the weekend.

The fender support is pretty darn close on the right side so it looks like I'll be pulling the fender to grind about 3/16" off just to be safe.
golfishunts
golfishunts

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-04-05

http://www.greatlakesroadriders.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1

Back to top Go down

new to the  darkside! Empty Re: new to the darkside!

Post  Beermand Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:48 pm

If you are wandering in the ruts a little, drop your tire pressure about 2 lbs and see if that doesn't help. It did for me and i run a GYTT on my 1800S. I run about 35 lbs and seems to be the sweet spot for me.
Beermand
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  golfishunts Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:57 pm

Thanks for the tip about the pressure. I picked it up from the shop with 44 lbs in it. i already adjusted it down to 40 lbs. I'll try dropping it another couple of pounds and see how that feels...
golfishunts
golfishunts

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-04-05

http://www.greatlakesroadriders.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down