Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yokohama Avid V4S Vs. Goodyear Assurance Triple thread

+3
Steve-O
grumpybutt
Caballo Loco
7 posters

Go down

Yokohama Avid V4S  Vs. Goodyear Assurance Triple thread Empty Yokohama Avid V4S Vs. Goodyear Assurance Triple thread

Post  Caballo Loco Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi there!, I found the Yoko Avid V4S for $75 at Ebay, and the Goodyear Assurance Triple Thread for $159 at Walmart.
I have red all the reports on both tires but it seem to me that the Yoko has a remarkable low price.
Why is that?
Which one will you recommend?
Thanks

Caballo Loco

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-02-28

Back to top Go down

Yokohama Avid V4S  Vs. Goodyear Assurance Triple thread Empty Re: Yokohama Avid V4S Vs. Goodyear Assurance Triple thread

Post  grumpybutt Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:32 pm

Put a General G-Max 205/50/17 on my 05 Honda Rune, best thing I ever did !!!! Paid $132.00 at Discount Tire.

grumpybutt

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Yokohama Avid V4S  Vs. Goodyear Assurance Triple thread Empty Re: Yokohama Avid V4S Vs. Goodyear Assurance Triple thread

Post  Steve-O Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:18 am

Not sure the yoko has been tried, but the general is tried and true. For $75 you could try it. But I'd pick the tire with the best tread pattern and more rounded corner. It's going to last you 20k miles, so you getter like it!

I have a Michelin Hydro Edge on my stratoliner. I get comments on it all the time. Looks are important! Very Happy
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Caballo Loco Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:02 pm

The Yoko Avid V4S (discontinued already) was recommended to me as a well rounded corners tire. I am going to give it a try.
My actual Mich Hydro has already 30K and has thread for 10k more easily. What a tire! just discontinued. So bad.
I looked at the Mich Primacy and it has very good rounded corners. Many options!

Caballo Loco

Back to top Go down

Yokohama Avid V4S  Vs. Goodyear Assurance Triple thread Empty Yokohama tires

Post  Dan Koich Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Aren't Yokohama tires on the list of tires that blow up when mounting them on cycle rims?

Dan Koich

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Caballo Loco Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:55 am

Gaah Gaah Gaah Gaah Gaah Gaah Gaah

Caballo Loco

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:56 am

The Goodyear TripleTred is a great Darkside choice, it has been used successfully by many.
On the Yokohama, I think they have softer sidewalls which require you
to run a higher tire pressure so as to not experience the wallowing feeling some report.

I'm still looking for the exploding tire list...... Suspect
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Caballo Loco Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Doc wrote:The Goodyear TripleTred is a great Darkside choice, it has been used successfully by many.
On the Yokohama, I think they have softer sidewalls which require you
to run a higher tire pressure so as to not experience the wallowing feeling some report.

I'm still looking for the exploding tire list...... Suspect
That was a joke, of course! lafer

Caballo Loco

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:14 am

Doc wrote:I'm still looking for the exploding tire list...... Suspect

I did have one explode when airing it up. A veredstein (sp). I had a falken I could never get to seat. So, there is a risk in trying new tires. But it's still cheaper than mc tires and, in my book, safer. Love my Michelin Hydro Edge. Loved my General Altimax. I would love to try the triple tread sometime too. great looking tire with lot's of great reviews and success.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Caballo Loco Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Have been looking for the Hydro Edge like crazy. No where to be found. Has been discontinued. Found one used at e-bay and four new in auction but too much money. Must find a replacement. I will post if my new Yoko blows up when installing it or later on...HOPE NOT!!! affraid

Caballo Loco

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:42 pm

My Yoko seated at 39 LBS. Never had a chance to explode. Have no idea where this came from.
\
Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Caballo Loco Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:24 pm

jedishon wrote:My Yoko seated at 39 LBS. Never had a chance to explode. Have no idea where this came from.
\
Jerry
You know...when it is snowing...and we are bored to the bone...we post something sily so it creates an entertainment type of discussion. Wink ... just for fun maybe.
The Yokos may explode, like any other thing in this world Shrug I just hope mine is not the unlucky one.

Caballo Loco

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:37 pm

I blew up a balloon that exploded in my face, now I only fill them with water. I wonder if a car tire would seat by filling it with water?

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:40 pm

jedishon wrote:I blew up a balloon that exploded in my face, now I only fill them with water. I wonder if a car tire would seat by filling it with water?

Jerry
I bet veg oil balloon's would work better... Self lubricating you know. lafer
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Phantom Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:23 pm

I ran the Goodyear Tripletred on the 1800 C I had for two years, then I bought an 1800 N and put a Yokohama Avid Envigor on it and this will be my 3rd year on it. It has been an excellent tire and in my opinion, better than the Goodyear. thumbup
Dark Phantom
Dark Phantom

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Caballo Loco Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:17 am

Good to know! Thanks for the input. I'll be mounting my Yoko this week, I will keep my fingers crossed for explosions Twisted Evil , he,he!

Caballo Loco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down