Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

front tire wear

3 posters

Go down

front tire wear Empty front tire wear

Post  powerhousevtx Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:41 am

Hello all, haven't been on here in a while (been riding). Been dark side long time, 205TT, but front tire is worn out on left side now and still some tread on right side. I don't think i turn left more, what's the deal?

powerhousevtx

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

front tire wear Empty Re: front tire wear

Post  jedishon Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Most believe it is the slant in the road that makes the water run off. Some think we unthinkingly (is that a word) sit more on the left side of the seat because we dont want to run off the side of the road. I don't buy those reasons myself. If they were true the rear tire would wear out the same way. I have to think it is the front forks that are out of alignment. One of the forks is a little higher than the other in the tripple tree. You would need to get the bike frame in a level position with the front tire off the ground. Then measure from the center of the axle to the ground. 1/64 of an inch over 10,000 miles will make a difference. This of course is my own personal thought on the matter and should in no way be taken as scientific fact. But I do adjust the height of my forks when I change tires and do not seem to have this problem.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

front tire wear Empty Re: front tire wear

Post  quadancer Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:43 pm

road crown.
quadancer