screwed this time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

screwed this time

Post  ESKIMO on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:32 am

about 1 1/2 years ago i got nailed (4inch nail) that went in tread and bearly nicked sidewall..15,000 miles.replaced tire..jsut this past weekend while lined up for a veterns parade the bike behind me said i had a screw in my rear tire... looked and since it was in the meat of the tread decied to continue with the parade..completed mission and afterwards took it to a local mom/pop tire shop and had it plugged since it was leaking after removing the 1 1/2 inch screw..again about 15,oo miles..all is well now .tire still looks new..gave the guy 5 dollars extra since he had a TUFF time to get PLUG IN...MAN THAT TOYO PROXIE IS ONE TUFF TIRE..even using a t-handle tool.......ESKIMO

ESKIMO

Number of posts : 56
Location : DENHAM SPRINGS, LA
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: screwed this time

Post  NDAna on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Am using RideOn in a GY Triple Tread on the VTX 1800. Picked up a large self drilling screw in the meat. Hole goes about 1/4" but the RideOn stopped AND plugged the leak. No repair- just some air and it is all good. Balances the tire too. Cost effective in high mileage tires. Have it in the front too since I'm DDS
avatar
NDAna

Number of posts : 62
Location : Seattle Metro, U.S.A.
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: screwed this time

Post  quadancer on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Yay! Another kudo for Ride-On. I run it in the back for lateral imbalance, the leak plugging feature being the bonus for me. 1/4" hole; for real? I know they
advertise that, but hey, you know how ads work.
avatar
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Age : 63
Location : Acworth, Ga.
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: screwed this time

Post  NDAna on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:04 pm

quadancer wrote:Yay! Another kudo for Ride-On. I run it in the back for lateral imbalance, the leak plugging feature being the bonus for me. 1/4" hole; for real? I know they
advertise that, but hey, you know how ads work.

Well maybe 7/32" Laughing
Was a big screw and surprised me too. Holding air just fine.
avatar
NDAna

Number of posts : 62
Location : Seattle Metro, U.S.A.
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: screwed this time

Post  joearizona on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:51 am

I also use Ride-on in my tires, a little expensive but it's worth it 16oz. in my rear tire 205/55-16

joearizona

Number of posts : 10
Location : Maricopa, Az.
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Re: screwed this time

Post  NDAna on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:06 pm

joearizona wrote:I also use Ride-on in my tires, a little expensive but it's worth it 16oz. in my rear tire 205/55-16

Purchased mine at BikeBandit.com
They sent me the ATV stuff which is being used front and rear. Seems to be working great and was $20 a quart-- yes-- quart.
avatar
NDAna

Number of posts : 62
Location : Seattle Metro, U.S.A.
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: screwed this time

Post  quadancer on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:47 pm

You know, in another forum, one guy was aggressively AGAINST Ride-On or tire sealants. He said he wanted to KNOW when his tire had a problem.
So...while he's sitting on the side of the road waiting for an expensive tow truck to come scratch the crap outta his bike and pay some tire wizzard
a small fortune for "helping" him out, I'll be home in front of my 'pooter or tv with a cup of rum, tire sealed and saved.
Just who is the winner here?
avatar
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Age : 63
Location : Acworth, Ga.
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: screwed this time

Post  NDAna on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:51 pm

quadancer wrote:You know, in another forum, one guy was aggressively AGAINST Ride-On or tire sealants. He said he wanted to KNOW when his tire had a problem.
So...while he's sitting on the side of the road waiting for an expensive tow truck to come scratch the crap outta his bike and pay some tire wizzard
a small fortune for "helping" him out, I'll be home in front of my 'pooter or tv with a cup of rum, tire sealed and saved.
Just who is the winner here?

I'm with you. If the tire is damaged bad enough for the RideOn to not work you will know about it. Since it works I'm fine with it.
avatar
NDAna

Number of posts : 62
Location : Seattle Metro, U.S.A.
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: screwed this time

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum