Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tire size on a 2004 electra glide FLHT-CSE

2 posters

Go down

Tire size on a 2004 electra glide FLHT-CSE Empty Tire size on a 2004 electra glide FLHT-CSE

Post  crimson_tide Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:19 am

Looking for a tire size to fit a friend of mines bike. The current m/c tire size is 85ru16. I have the tire off the bike and have about 6.25" inside the rear fender to play with. Then there's the question of the belt guard getting in the way. I tried to mount up a 205/60/16 triple tread yesterday at work. The triple tread has a "rim protector" built into the tire's sidewall and wouldn't seat up. I've installed several c/t's on hondas, just for experience info. The triple tread also was showing 7" of contact on one side that did seat up. Won't work. Is the 175r16 taxi tire his only choice? We've got the tire sizing charts at the shop, and was looking at all of them yesterday, comparing sidewall height, circumference, etc. Just didn't look like many other options for this bike. Also, on the taxi tire, anyone know of mileage stats? Thanks in advance for any help on this one. I use to know of a chart somewhere that gave all of the tire sizes available for all manufacturers but can't find it now. I went here and this wasn't it, http://darkside.nwff.info/?p=tires. It was a very detailed chart

crimson_tide

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-11-11

Back to top Go down

Tire size on a 2004 electra glide FLHT-CSE Empty Re: Tire size on a 2004 electra glide FLHT-CSE

Post  quadancer Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Ask if he's willing to gear down and have a revving mill - Goodyear Assurance comes in a 175/60/16 and that's the Fuel Max. I've posted some others in this
section of the forum too. Someone has a 175/65 out there, but I can't seem to locate it now. If there is room beyond the 175, there are 185/55/16's in the
Yokahamas, Bridgestone Potenza, a bunch of Bridgestones (the winter ones look cool as heck) - but low aspect height. 175/65 is closer to stock.

It kinda sux that we eiither have a tire that can be too tall, or smaller diameter than stock, which I never liked to begin with. (150/80/16)
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Tire size on a 2004 electra glide FLHT-CSE Empty Re: Tire size on a 2004 electra glide FLHT-CSE

Post  crimson_tide Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:49 am

Thanks for the reply quad. He ended up just going with the stock dunlop. Later on, he's talking about going to a wide rear fender, then going to the darkside. If anyone's looking for a 402 rear tire, rockymountainatv has a pretty good deal going on with them. On the 85 series, 130.99 with free shipping

crimson_tide

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down