Unhappy with my Metzler

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unhappy with my Metzler

Post  johnnie1 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Put a Metzler on the front of my bike, first one and the last one I will ever have. At about 6,500 mi it started cupping out, air pressure was checked reg- on it so it wan't an air pressure problem, took a 1,200 mile trip and did't know if I would make it back on it as it was continuing to cup out. When I had it replaced the person that did it said he wanted to show me something with the air out of the tire you could see it was completly seperated around the whole tire. This could have caused a bad accident had it came apart. Also I had a low speed shake with it from almost the 1st day it was on. Needless to say I will not be buying anymore Metzler, I had 17,000 on the original stone that came on it.
johnnie1

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Unhappy with my Metzler

Post  jedishon on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 am

Thanks for the heads up. Seems like motorcycle tire manufacturers just dont care anymore. Have been hearing bad things quite a bit lately. Be safe out there.

Jerry

jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

re unhappy with my metzler

Post  Larry Simpson on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:19 am

I have been running the metzler for years on several bikes with no problems and usually get 12 to 15000 miles out of a front tire with no problems,just put a new metzler on my sportster ??????????????? hmmm hmmm
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  spud1800r on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:12 pm

You got 1k more miles than I did on my first & last metz 880.
5,500 miles and it was junk. Avons were getting between 13-17k.
Never again!
Craig
spud1800r

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  GEARHEADFLA on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 pm

There was some posts on my Voyager site about Metzlers chunking out in the tread area, if I remember right they was 880's with some real frighting pictures posted. They was rear tires, The M.C. tire of choice for the heavy Kawasaki Voyager XII is the Dunlop E-3, that's what I run on the front and before I went Darkside on the rear too, it had about 5k on it as was about half gone, still have the same front with 8k on it and a little over half worn out. The bike weighs in at about 900 lbs then I put my fat ass on it and hit over the half ton mark. lafer
GEARHEADFLA

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top