Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Go down

Newbie Empty Newbie

Post  07glide Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:43 am

Hey all,
I'm new to the forum, and looking to put a CT on my '07 Road Glide. I've done a lot of reading, and it looks to me like the Austone tire taxi will fit my bike. I currently run an Elite III on the rear - MU90B16. The tread width between the Elite III and the Austone are very close (5.57" on the EIII vs. 5.5"), the diameter is similar (25.72 for the EIII and 26.9 for the Austone), and the load rating is of course better on the Austone.

My only concern is with the rim width. My bike has a relatively narrow rim width, and the Austone recommended rim width is 5 to 5.5". I read on another forum that a guy put the Austone on a rim size simliar to mine with good results, so maybe it can work.

Before I take the plunge, do you see any problem with the Austone fitting my bike?

Thanks in advance for any advice! yes

07glide

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-10-16

Back to top Go down

Newbie Empty Re: Newbie

Post  quadancer Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Read the other posts in the Harley forums before you buy one. PM me if you have questions then. I think I've pretty much covered the scenario and options as I know them.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down