talk me into a ct

View previous topic View next topic Go down

talk me into a ct

Post  maurice on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:50 am

I am looking for input from those who have a ct. I had a couple in the past, and it's hard to remember much other than appearance and maybe a little more work on the curves, counter steering. My mt on the bike now is so easy on curves, that I would hate to give it up for the cost factor. I had the Mich hydro edge and also tried on another bike the Altimax, so maybe they were not as good for curves? not rounded enough edges? I really do want to go to the ct for cost reasons. When people say, "once you ride for awhile, you won't notice the difference" makes me think it is because the prior better ride mt is further away in your mind. If you then went to the mt you might notice the difference again. Any input appreciated. Doc already gave me his thoughts and I am thankful.

Maurice
avatar
maurice

Number of posts : 172
Age : 64
Location : Jacksonville Florida
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: talk me into a ct

Post  quadancer on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Read any post where someone went BACK to a bike tire for a bit and you'll see. I think only about .5% of all
Darksiders have gone back.
avatar
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Age : 64
Location : Acworth, Ga.
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: talk me into a ct

Post  Beermand on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:35 pm

Yes have to say a much smoother ride. Only ever noticed the difference the first week or so, all the oogah boogah naysayers put in your head. I have been riding for over 40 years and this is the best ride my bike has ever had. Speaking for the 1800. Better traction, I am actually better in the twisties now then I was on a MC tire and better stopping power. over 15000 on my GYTT and it barely looks worn. I actually forget that I am on a car tire. Had my wife who has her own 1300 now ride on the back with me after she sold her shadow and she commented how much smoother the ride was on the CT.
avatar
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Location : Kimberling City, MO
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Re: talk me into a ct

Post  maurice on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Beermand wrote:Yes have to say a much smoother ride. Only ever noticed the difference the first week or so, all the oogah boogah naysayers put in your head. I have been riding for over 40 years and this is the best ride my bike has ever had. Speaking for the 1800. Better traction, I am actually better in the twisties now then I was on a MC tire and better stopping power. over 15000 on my GYTT and it barely looks worn. I actually forget that I am on a car tire. Had my wife who has her own 1300 now ride on the back with me after she sold her shadow and she commented how much smoother the ride was on the CT.

Thanks for that Beermand. What size are you running?

maurice
avatar
maurice

Number of posts : 172
Age : 64
Location : Jacksonville Florida
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: talk me into a ct

Post  Beermand on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:57 pm

I run a 205-65/15 I have the S with Spokes. With the T it would be a 205/60/16 or 205/65/16 205/70/16
avatar
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Location : Kimberling City, MO
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Re: talk me into a ct

Post  maurice on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:27 am

Beermand wrote:I run a 205-65/15 I have the S with Spokes. With the T it would be a 205/60/16 or 205/65/16 205/70/16

Ok, I am thinking now of maybe a more narrow tire, perhaps it would reduce countersteering. I like the taller size, so 70 for middle number. I can't find any, so the 205 with the 70 middle number may be what I have to get. Also, I think I would not notice, but what is your opinion on me going to the 65 middle number as far as noticing it is lower to the ground? Stock is 70 and I don't want to sit lower. If you know anything different please let me know. thanks

Maurice
avatar
maurice

Number of posts : 172
Age : 64
Location : Jacksonville Florida
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: talk me into a ct

Post  Beermand on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:46 am

Didn't really notice any difference and it didn't change the speedo any noticeable either. You could go with a 195 instead of a 205 if you wanted, but I love my tire on there in another 2 years or so when I have to change it I will probably go same size again.
avatar
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Location : Kimberling City, MO
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Re: talk me into a ct

Post  maurice on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Beermand wrote:Didn't really notice any difference and it didn't change the speedo any noticeable either. You could go with a 195 instead of a 205 if you wanted, but I love my tire on there in another 2 years or so when I have to change it I will probably go same size again.

Ok thanks. I will maybe go with 70 profile and 205 or 65 195.

Maurice
avatar
maurice

Number of posts : 172
Age : 64
Location : Jacksonville Florida
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: talk me into a ct

Post  rrounds on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:08 pm

I don't know if a 185/75-16 will fit your bike or not, or if these guys have one in stock but I got the last 175/75-16 tire they had and I like it a lot. Have a little over 12k miles on it and I think I'll get close to 30k out of it.
http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20TIRES/Vredestein/vred_comtrac.htm

ROD

rrounds

Number of posts : 256
Age : 62
Location : Sacramento, CA
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: talk me into a ct

Post  maurice on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:12 am

rrounds wrote:I don't know if a 185/75-16 will fit your bike or not, or if these guys have one in stock but I got the last 175/75-16 tire they had and I like it a lot. Have a little over 12k miles on it and I think I'll get close to 30k out of it.
http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20TIRES/Vredestein/vred_comtrac.htm

ROD

Now my question is, does anyone know if a 75" profile will work on a '"t" model? Thanks for that.

Maurice
avatar
maurice

Number of posts : 172
Age : 64
Location : Jacksonville Florida
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: talk me into a ct

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum