Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Am's and Trikes

5 posters

Go down

Can Am's and Trikes Empty Can Am's and Trikes

Post  quadancer Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Drive all ya want to; I prefer to ride - and that's what it's all about.
No offense to the DAV folks, the injured, the born short people. I just like
RIDNG in preference to DRIVING, no matter HOW fancy a CanAm steers or
How lucky you can be.
MY fun begins at 36 degrees.

quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Can Am's and Trikes Empty Re: Can Am's and Trikes

Post  jedishon Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:49 am

When I am alone then fun is 36 degrees. When my wife is with me the slaps to the back of the head begin at 36 degrees along with the we are not in that big of a hurry. Shrug

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:32 am

jedishon wrote:When I am alone then fun is 36 degrees. When my wife is with me the slaps to the back of the head begin at 36 degrees along with the we are not in that big of a hurry. Shrug

Jerry
Jerry that is when you need a trike or a Can Am Laughing
For some, 3 wheels loaded up with luggage, just cruising along well under the speed limit, pulling a trailer with the wife and dog is how they roll, and I know enough Goldwingers to know there are a few on two wheels that do the same. hmmm

It's just differences in the way we all ride, but the bottom line is We Ride!!! thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:07 pm

UNDER speed limits? How do you do THAT???? Even cops don't think much of those, and unless you're a near-blind aging patron eaking out your last few years
of night driving in the rain, what on earth possesses people to do limits that are set for THAT?
Interestingly, a study was done on roads that RAISED the speed limits. It seems that people will drive the capabilities of the road; say you have a 45 mph zone that everyone does 50-55 on. They raise the limit to 55 and what happens? A small percentage begin doing 60+. All the others, who WERE speeders, are now doing just what they always did - 5 or 10 up from the old limit, BECAUSE that is the speed that works with the road.
That's me - in crowded situations, I'm 5-10 over if it's safe, and down when it's not. Open road, depends on how much cross traffic, how many driveways, how many curves, temperature and wind conditions, traffic load, and pavement traction abilities.
I know not many defer to these important conditions, preferring to regard the 'letter of the law', but you'd better believe that truckers and cops think of these things when they drive.
The laws are made for the general bozo behind the wheel that hasn't a clue as to what the forecast is, what his tire pressures are, how his vehicle pulls in a sweeper, or handles in rolling bumps, like degraded asphalt from trucks.
Maybe I'm an outlaw, but as a riding instructor, darksider, mountain ripper, I feel that the Joe/John/Bob's on bikes will continue to play "Safety Sam" forever, wear ATGATT, and hold up traffic in their safety zone.
Fine, just move over when us 'crash and burners" need to get by you .
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:35 am

Quad, living in a higher population area outside Atlanta like you do, your points are understandable.
Out here in rural Oklahoma you can ride for miles and miles and not see another vehicle going in your direction, most times speed limits are 65mph and I'm usually a few over that, but occasionally you do come up on farmers in their farm trucks going 5-10 mph under. If you re-read my post, I was talking about some Trike and Wing riders that do the same. It's no problem to pass them safely.
I agree in traffic, regardless of the speed limit, I try to move along with the flow trying to keep a good safety zone around me. Remember space is your friend!
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 pm

And here I thought it was ibuprofin...
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jacksewell Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:18 am

No three wheeler for us until the day we can no longer Bob, Weave, Dodge and Lean but we certainly respect those who enjoy their Trikes. We'd switch in an instant to a Carver Car but they're not available in the U.S...Yet.

jacksewell

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  giturgun Fri May 31, 2013 9:32 pm

Nothin wrong with a Can am. My sister in law has 1 and I ocassionally ride it some. Hers is the sport model and it cramps my legs in about 2 hours of riding. I will probably get 1 as the next ride in a year or 2 . Would like the sport touring model Vader
giturgun
giturgun

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Doc wrote: Remember space is your friend!

Interesting thing I've noted: once I started doing the motorcop style riding, I began stopping almost 20' behind cars at a stoplight. You will notice that most drivers will
give you a bit of room. If you stop on the bumper of the car ahead, about 99% will pull right up on your rear fender. They get hit from behind and you are a meat sandwich.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down