Finally New Darksider

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finally New Darksider

Post  Old legend on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Bought a CT for my 2006 VTX 1800R and finally put it on today. I got a P205/60R-16 Yokohama AVID TOURING-S. Looks huge before installed on the rim, but took it to a bike shop, the mounted it, put in the Dyna beads and a new valve stem for only $40.00. I put the tire on the bike and took it for a short test ride this evening and I believe this is going to be a great experience. I'll post a picture as soon as I can.
Old legend

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally New Darksider

Post  Doc on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:42 pm

Congrats And welcome to the Darkside Vader

2012 Goldwing Candy Red
Michelin Alpin PA3 195/55/16   The Darkside... Ain't nothin' but a rubber thang...  Vader
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Old legend on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Having trouble figuring out how to post a picture, but I was able to update my profile pic, so until I can figure out how to post a pic, that'll have to do. Took the bike out today for a ride and really love it. I can feel it break off the ground when I'm turning a corner or leaning into a curve, but other than that it rides like it's on a rail and wants to go straight. You really have to make it turn but when your turning it'll really turn. I did take it to a parking lot and pratice manuvering and doing figure 8's. Took a little practice but I feel comfortable riding it going back and forth in the turns.
Old legend

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Old legend wrote:Having trouble figuring out how to post a picture, but I was able to update my profile pic, so until I can figure out how to post a pic, that'll have to do. Took the bike out today for a ride and really love it. I can feel it break off the ground when I'm turning a corner or leaning into a curve, but other than that it rides like it's on a rail and wants to go straight. You really have to make it turn but when your turning it'll really turn. I did take it to a parking lot and pratice manuvering and doing figure 8's. Took a little practice but I feel comfortable riding it going back and forth in the turns.
Check out the sticky at the top of the General Discussion forum on How to Post a Photo... We do love pics thumbup

2012 Goldwing Candy Red
Michelin Alpin PA3 195/55/16   The Darkside... Ain't nothin' but a rubber thang...  Vader
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top