Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coked up asshats.

+2
FERNDOCKER
smokey2255
6 posters

Go down

Coked up asshats. Empty Coked up asshats.

Post  smokey2255 Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:13 pm

I have delayed writing this as I needed to let it soak in and take the time to digest and evaluate it before I just put it out there.
About 6 weeks ago I was traveling through a local small college city. Just as I turned onto the main street through town. A street that I need to travel the length of through town, I get behind an SUV in the left lane. In the right lane is a dude on a fairly new cruiser. After being behind these 2 vehicles for a couple of blocks a couple things became obvious. He knows the woman and kid in the SUV. He has absolutely no idea how to ride a bike. After watching him walking it to a stop, walking it to a start and using school girl hand signals to change lanes , it’s a new bike. I’m fairly certain that HD still puts turn signals on their bikes. I decided that this guy is going to be a statistic fairly soon. I do not want to be around to watch him crash out.
I waited for him to fall behind the SUV again and grabbed a gear and scooted into the now empty right lane. This is a 35 mph zone and these 2 are barely running 20, I twist the wick on Raven and we shoot over and ahead of them, once well cleared of the SUV I jumped back into the left lane where it generally flows better and is somewhat safer on the scoot. Without another thought I cruise on out of town and hit the highway.
About 3 miles out of town the woman in the SUV comes flying up on me with the kid in the car screaming and generally acting a fool. I have no idea what she is saying as she has the windows up. Ummm duh. If you are that excited about something at least make yourself heard, roll the window down.
Not caring what she was screaming about and only concerned about my safety and enjoying my ride I slowed down to let her go on her way. She slammed on her brakes and continued her fit. I accelerated well beyond the posted limit to get away from her craziness. Here she came. I grabbed all the brakes I could and dove for the emergency lane. She inadvertently passed me slamming on her brakes. I pointed the big machine to the other side of the road and headed for the next turn off. I dove off the road and headed west on a curvy little side street that tied right back into the highway I had just left. I ensured she was away from the area and jumped back on the highway and headed towards my destination. A few miles down the road I stopped to grab a bottle of water at the local convenience store. As I was climbing off the bike it just happened that my wife with a car load of kids stopped in to gas up.
This is where it gets even crazier.
I was talking to them across the parking lot as I was removing my gear. I catch a bike turning onto the side street out of the corner of my eye. Yep, it’s the other half of the crazies. He walks his bike into the parking lot and over to where I’m standing. He sits on his bike and starts running his mouth. I won’t bore you with the filth that came out of his mouth but to summarize his intent. He did not like the way I passed him back in town. Said it was people like me that gave bikers a bad name.
“First off pal I am not a biker, I am a lot of things but a biker is not on that list. Second, you need to learn to ride your own scoot and let me worry about riding mine.”
Apparently the notion that he needs to learn to ride pissed him off. He started spitting and stuttering almost dropped his bike in his excitement to get off. Once he managed to remembered how the side stand works he got off the bike. At this point I think to myself …. Aww shit, what have you gotten yourself into this time. This fella was about 8 inches taller than me, 15-20 years younger and in much better shape. I reckon he expected me to cower, to do anything but what I did. As he spit stuttered and stammered in his pissed off rage moving fast around his bike I stepped closer to help him close the gap.
At this point the wife comes running over begging me to “don’t do it”. She has seen this side of the man on a couple occasions. She knows, has seen the explosion, knows exactly where this is heading. This much younger man has it in his head that this will be a one sided thrashing … he has the look. He is right, it will be, but not exactly the thrashing he has in mind.
The wife makes it to me. She grabs my striking arm which the fella has not seen and continues to plead with me to “not do this again” This must have sunk in to him on some level. He backs off, still in a rage but mounts up and leaves. I look the wife over and simply state, “you could have been hurt”
I entered the store and got my bottle of water and head out. The wife has finished her gas so I mount up and head on my way.
I just happen to catch the guy a couple stop lights down. He is sitting on the right side of the right lane. Noob …. I pull my scoot up next to him. I told him I was not trying to piss him off back there just stating what I found to be obvious. He flares up again, I keep talking over his shouting and he calms down, somewhat, again. He says he don’t appreciate …. I said talking over t=him that he don’t have to appreciate it. Just accept …. This is where he went ballistic. He literally tried to kick my bike. It was pretty comical in hindsight. As he kicked out with his left leg his bike and him damn near went over to the right side. He caught him self and tried kicking again.
I looked at him and said “really, that’s what ya got?”
Way over the top pissed off, he’s trying to figure out how to get his bike on the stand again.
I am not fighting this asshat here. I have options.
I rolled on the throttle scooting out of the traffic light. Once moving I made a lane change that I knew he couldn’t keep up with. Headed to the next turn and went about my way.

I tried to forget about all this craziness until my niece was telling my cousin about this guys distorted rant on facebook. With this information I started investigating who they were. Looking at their profiles I found we have several common friends, a lot of common interests. But there are a few things we differ on. He has that wanna be a real biker mentality. Yeah, go ahead be a prospect, be a club bitch for a year, or longer. See how that works out for you.
I later found out that he has a real problem with the nose candy. With this knowledge his actions the day we met started making sense. Totally distorted, blown out of proportion, flared up temper, unable to articulate a complete sentence let alone a complete thought. Unable to put his bike on the stand which should be second nature to anyone that rides. No idea how to shut it off without fumbling with it. The dude was a train wreck.
I have been in those circles, seen the craziness that the drugs can do to a person, or persuade a person to do. I don’t understand it but I do believe in the evilness of it.
I put all this out there, just to remind folks that you never know what you are going to run up against. What kind of mindset that the other folks are in, if they are even in control of their own minds.
Y’all be safe.
And to the fella I met that day. I Hope for your sake and that of your family, that you get help for your dependency.

See you out there
Smokey

smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Coked up asshats. Empty OH WELL WHAT CAN YOU DO?

Post  FERNDOCKER Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:57 am

THANKS for the reminder, no words can adequately convey all that goes on in the so called "biker" mentality. The reason I own 4 different types of bikes is because I do not want the same menu every day. I ave owned close to 100 bikes in 45+ years of riding, many I built from basket cases. Each one gave a different kind of enjoyment because of what type of bike it was or how difficult it was to get it to the point where I called it "finished". To some of these idiots if you do not ride on their brand (even though most of them can not ride at all) you are some kind of POS. Maybe one of the greatest feelings is to just roll away from these bozos and watch them try their hardest to just keep up.
FERNDOCKER
FERNDOCKER

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Coked up asshats. Empty Re: Coked up asshats.

Post  quadancer Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:00 am

Not to back you down one bit there, Smokey-Wan, but one thing you might expect from a coker is that they ain't feelin' no pain...and are harder to punish. Ask me how I know.
Well written story, and totally believable. Also another reason I don't do FacePlant or Twitter or any of those chatroom gossip columns. The last guy I got into a beef with on a forum threatened me enough for me to give him my address and a date to meet me. Funny tho, no pirates invaded my driveway on that day. I guess he was busy returning some of his gear to the Moco.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Quad, immobilization and pain threshold are totally different animals Wink Shocked learned a long time ago that hitting and hurting are not the same.

I have had dealings with intern
et bullies to, while I did prepare I did not stress.
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:11 pm

Ah, good point. Still, it's harder to immobilize if the movement requires pain response to be the benefactor, and that pain is lessened.
I used to hear the worst person to get in a mix with would be a half-wit...they don't know when to quit. Don't want to test the theory tho... hmmm
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:20 pm

You do have more than your share of adventures. But then you put on more than your share of miles.
Glad Cassie didn't get hurt and give her a hug for keeping your knuckles safe.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Dude Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:28 pm

i dont think his knuckles would be hurt considering he would probably use a totally different method, well if i know my dad like i think i do i know he would use a different method that wouldn't just hurt the guy, or hurt my dad physical and hell probably wouldn't phase him that much mentally either

Dude
Dude
Dude

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:42 am

Dude, glad you got away from those asshats with no cop involvement. That's some dangerous stuff. I fear I wouldn't have held my temper as well as you did yours. Good job.
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum