Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Went dark side over the weekend

4 posters

Go down

Went dark side over the weekend Empty Went dark side over the weekend

Post  Tolly Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:17 am

I am new here but wanted to say Hi. I have a 2004 VTX 1300C model and pulled the trigger on going dark side over the weekend after losing another MC tire on my bike. So far the jury loves it, have not noticed any handeling issues in the corners but have noticed that it is easy to lock up the rear tire alot quicker than before, is this because the new tire has not gotten broke in yet with the coating that is on it? I assume this is the reason. I will say though when it does lock up for the short time the bike stays nice and steady instead of trying to pass me by.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tolly
Tolly

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Went dark side over the weekend Empty Re: Went dark side over the weekend

Post  jedishon Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:35 am

Mine has only locked a couple times. But like you said it stays straight behind you, unless its raining. In that case just hit the gas again and it will jump right back behind you. It only gets better with age. Enjoy it.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Welcome Tolly. I'm sure you'll keep loving it.
It could be that the tire locks up easily due to the molding on the tire.
I have no (technical) idea if the bike brakes more effective with a CT due to more
contact with the ground. I have the feeling it does, but I'm not technical at all.
Anyway, others will chime in for sure.
Tropical regards,
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  XCHIEF Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Welcome from Florida's Treasure Coast! You will like it and even more-so, not replacing it so often.
XCHIEF
XCHIEF

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Tolly Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:41 pm

XCHIEF wrote:Welcome from Florida's Treasure Coast! You will like it and even more-so, not replacing it so often.
The more I ride it the more I love it. It took a very little bit to get use to the new feeling, now it feels so much more stable than the MT and turning seems very stable and shorter as well. We did about 300 miles on it yesterday and noticed it took the bumps on the back half of the bike a lot smoother than the front half. I am wanting to now change out the front tire as well and see what difference it will make there but I will wait to wear out what I have on there first.
Thanks for all the help so far I look forward to what else I will learn from here.
Jack
Tolly
Tolly

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum