Going to the Darkside

Go down

Going to the Darkside

Post  johnnie1 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:27 am

Need some help from those of you who have been running a C/T I have a 2012 Goldwing with the TPMS on it I have researched which tires to use or are being used and know a 195/55/16 will work or I hope it will. Questions is about air pressure if I run a run flat will I have a problem with the TPMS using this type of tire or would a reg- tire work better where I can keep the air pressure up and don't have to worry about the lower air pressure. Thanks in advance.
johnnie1

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Going to the Darkside

Post  Doc on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:56 am

Johnnie I run a runflat and use my TPMS too.
The trick is to re-register your sensors, but do it opposite of the way the manual says by doing the rear first and the front last.
This way the TPMS brain thinks the rear tire should have about 34-36psi and the front should be at 40psi. You have a window of about 10-15% below those pressures before it triggers a TPMS warning light.
I'm running 32psi in my rear Michelin and 39psi in the front Bridgestone 709.

Michelin Alpin PA3 195/55/16   The Darkside... Ain't nothin' but a rubber thang...  Vader
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Darkside

Post  johnnie1 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:31 pm

00 Doc wrote:Johnnie I run a runflat and use my TPMS too.
The trick is to re-register your sensors, but do it opposite of the way the manual says by doing the rear first and the front last.
This way the TPMS brain thinks the rear tire should have about 34-36psi and the front should be at 40psi. You have a window of about 10-15% below those pressures before it triggers a TPMS warning light.
I'm running 32psi in my rear Michelin and 39psi in the front Bridgestone 709.
OK not to sound stupid but this is the 1st vehicle I have had with the TPMS system, too do this do I need any special tools etc.
johnnie1

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Johnnie you have a PM

Michelin Alpin PA3 195/55/16   The Darkside... Ain't nothin' but a rubber thang...  Vader
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

TPMS

Post  johnnie1 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Wes, thank you for the reply, think I will try a General tire reg-tire and see how I like it. I have your number in reserve just incase. Thanks for offering to help I appreciate it. Have a good everning and ride safe.
johnnie1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum