Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for darksiders with chain drive

2 posters

Go down

Question for darksiders with chain drive  Empty Question for darksiders with chain drive

Post  coldweatherfreak Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:42 pm

is there any noticable increase in sprocket wear with a heavier car tire ?
coldweatherfreak
coldweatherfreak

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Question for darksiders with chain drive  Empty Re: Question for darksiders with chain drive

Post  quadancer Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:00 am

Why do you think there would be? Your engine puts out a certain amount of torque/horsepower, your right hand puts out a certain amount of fuel, and since
the tires actually weigh about the same...you see?
Now, IF your CT is gearing you up higher (as mine does) and you are totally determined to accelerate in the same time period as before, yes, you will be using
more fuel, more torque, more horsepower, and consequently, more wear on sprockets and chains.
It's up to you.

The inverse is also true.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Question for darksiders with chain drive  Empty Re: Question for darksiders with chain drive

Post  coldweatherfreak Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:42 pm

quadancer wrote:
the tires actually weigh about the same...you see? .

maybe yours, my car tire General Altimax Arctic weighs more than double what the stock side MC tire weighs, and I have to give it noticable more throttle to accelerate at the same rate. my CT is 2.5mm shorter than my stock MC tire
coldweatherfreak
coldweatherfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:16 pm

yes, mine and also the Austone I have hanging waiting it's turn - both are fairly close to the Pirelli Night Dragon I took off some...forever ago.
I think we had a thread where we discussed weights and most CT's if I recall were only slightly heavier - a bloat day for my ol' lady would make
more weight than that... onelaf
In your case, you'll have a bit more wear, but I'd expect it to be negligible if you keep the chain clean and lubed.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  coldweatherfreak Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:11 am

I understand probably mot darksiders tires are similar weight, cause yer actually running tires close to the same size, my stock tire is only a 150/70 and my CT is a 205/50, unfortunately not much CT choice in 17" as there is in 15" & 16"
coldweatherfreak
coldweatherfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum