New Darkside Transformation!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Darkside Transformation!

Post  dbass on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Okay, I completed the install today... only enough time to ride it around the block, but it's on and not coming off. Ride was good, not better, not worse, just diffrent. I think it is something I will have no touble with. Tire looks good, but boy was it hard to get it on the rim, I can see right now it will be a mother to get this thing back off when it's time to change it again. I did find the dealer i use was not use molly past, not even sure what ever they were using had molly in it, looked alot like cheap bearing grease. That makes it one more good reason to change my own tire from now on. Sure will be nice to only have to grease every 10k miles instead of change the tire. I believe I should get 30k out of this tire. I'll try to remember to take a pic tomorrow, right after I get done eating my cookies.

dbass

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: New Darkside Transformation!

Post  xwrecker on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:48 am

CONGRATS and welcome !!!! Very Happy
xwrecker

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:48 pm

If they used grease on mounting that tyre I don't recommend that you use Dyna Beads for balanceing your wheels. The beads will get stuck in the excess grease that may be on the inside of your rim, which would impede their ability to move freely and do the job as designed.
Take care ,
Be safe

Lou

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2010-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Lou wrote:If they used grease on mounting that tyre I don't recommend that you use Dyna Beads for balanceing your wheels. The beads will get stuck in the excess grease that may be on the inside of your rim, which would impede their ability to move freely and do the job as designed.
Take care ,
Be safe

I think he is talking about his drive splines being lubed with grease that was not moly...
You don't want to use a petroleum product such as oil or grease to lube a tire as it causes the rubber to degrade. thumbup

2012 Goldwing Candy Red
Michelin Alpin PA3 195/55/16   The Darkside... Ain't nothin' but a rubber thang...  Vader
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:00 pm

I hope your right Doc, wouln't be the first time some "Dork "used grease.
Take care,
Be safe.

Lou

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2010-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  dbass on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:41 pm

Yea, that is what I was talking about... the shop was using grease not moly past. I cleaned it off and put moly 60 on, but it was an eye opener about what we get from the shop. They just don't care about your bike as much as you do. However, no damage noticed, but I won't be using a shop ever again. I just haven't had time to change the tire so I would drop off and pick it up later. Their mistake could have costed me big bucks. It won't ever happen again.

dbass

Back to top Go down

Post  dbass on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:45 pm

Didn't use beads, used wieghts. Might add beads later. I used dish soap to lube the tire during the install.

dbass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top