Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains

3 posters

Go down

Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains Empty Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:07 pm

Pretty cool when I left the house this morning ( 33 ) but it warmed up nice even in the Smoky Mountains.Hooked-up in Pigeon Forge, TN this morning with a local riding club http://www.countryroads.org/index2.htm

We did some nice backroads and kinda zig-zagged all over Wears Valley coming back into Gatlinburg for some BBQ lunch.

Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains DSC09474Large

This was a first for me seeing one of these.

Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains DSC09478Large

After lunch we rode out by Sugarland and hit Little River Road a very beautiful ride along the river the entire way and if you're lucky and catch it with no traffic its a road built for motorcycling.It's been years since I've rode through Cades Cove if you're ever in the Smoky's and have time check out Cades Cove it can get very crowded during vacation season.
Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains DSC09485Large

Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains DSC09494Large

Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains DSC09516Large

Kinda looked like rain this evening however I stayed dry all the way home . Got in after dark and rode about 250 miles today.

" The Money Shot " taken on Little River Road just outside Gatlinburg , Tennessee

Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains DSC09483Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains Empty Re: Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains

Post  CutterDuck Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Nice pictures. Sounds like a good time.

I made the mistake of riding the Cades Cove loop during tourist season, 2up and I believe I walked that bike 10 of the 11 miles, stop n go 2 feet traffic.

I got in little over 150 miles today up through Norris and the Devils Triangle then back to Ktown.
CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains Empty Re: Nice ride today....The Great Smoky Mountains

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:44 pm

CutterDuck wrote:Nice pictures. Sounds like a good time.

I made the mistake of riding the Cades Cove loop during tourist season, 2up and I believe I walked that bike 10 of the 11 miles, stop n go 2 feet traffic.

I got in little over 150 miles today up through Norris and the Devils Triangle then back to Ktown.
At one time I loved ridin' across the Devils Triangle but the coal truck's had it so messed up the last time I rode it Evil or Very Mad

We are headin' for Mt. Mitchell sunday if interested let me know.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  CutterDuck Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks for the invite but already scheduled to ride up to Lake Cumberland kY with some of the gl1800 guys. I have never been to Mt Mitchell and would join you but I already told those guys I would ride with them Sunday. I have seen some pictures and it looks like a nice ride up that way. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Back to top Go down

Post  CutterDuck Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Hope you all had a dry ride!

We left out this morning about 8:30 for Wartburg to meet up with some others and it opened up an poured rain on us! Somewhere up 27 the weather broke and we rode on in to Lake Cumberland on wet roads. After lunch, sun was out all the way back to Ktown. Windy but nice ride.
CutterDuck
CutterDuck

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Had to skip the Polar Bear rides to do church, and it was raining when I got out, so hung around a while. Rains stopped and bud who cancelled
showed up, and we went up to Dawsonville to visit an injured bro - we had to ride side by side a lot, both darksiders and not wanting to drench each other
in the wet spots, and wound up staying dry and having a fantastic and warm ride - fingerless gloves and shed clothes the rule of the day.
We were really grateful for the DS tires in the wet curves - even threw some sparks; something I'd NEVER EVER EVER do on only MT's.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down