Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!!!

4 posters

Go down

Help!!! Empty Help!!!

Post  dbass Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:00 pm

I have the VTX1800T; need to know which tire brand and size will fit with no modes and give the roundest profile, PLEASE! I seen the GYTT on a bike but has a very flat profile I would like the look of a more rounded tire. Also believe I would like the ride a little better too.

dbass

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Help!!! Empty Re: Help!!!

Post  twin1300 Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:03 am

Well most performance tires like that have the flatter profile. Go look for a general service tire with the same numbers and you will find a rounder profile. I run a Douglas rain and snow tire but its not a directional tire and love it. It started with a round profile but now it flat from wear and still have half the tread left. Go figure!!!!!! LOL

..........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  dbass Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:46 pm

Thanks! How much does the speed rating matter?

dbass

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:46 am

So far...we have not found it to be an issue! Our first tires on the 1300's were VW tires and only rated for 97 mph and me and Smokey put 'em in triple digits many times and for long periods! Still here!

So, with that being said! Most general purpose car tires are rated for 115 mph and a 3500 lb. car! We cannot abuse the tire like a car can so I feel we get better performance and safety out of them. JMO!

Any time you run a tire not specific to the motorcycle and ONLY because it isn't the norm according to the so called experts! Laughing You do at your own risk. I'm just willing to risk it!

.....................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dbass Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Understand and I too am willing to take some risk... I'm just mining the minds of those like yourself that know way more than I did about this, and I appreciate your help so much. I will be doing the darkside soon so before I buy a tire I want as much info as possible so not to buy one and find I can't run it or would likely like another one better. Right now I'm leaning to the GYTT... one thing is for sure in the next month or two (depending on time off) I will have a CT on the bike. My bike is a daily rider I can't be buying three tires a year at MC prices...

Again thank you for the help

dbass

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:25 am

If you are a daily rider! Then I know you are going to like it! This thing will handle any kind of weather and stop with un-believable control! You will wonder how you ever rode without it and what took you so long! LOL Watch and see!

..................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dbass Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:23 am

Okay I understand what I will get from the CT on the back...but what is the Benefit of putting a motorcycle back tire one the front of the bike?

dbass

Back to top Go down

Help!!! Empty Help

Post  Bud2Rat Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:02 pm

Maybe this will help. I'm running a Bridgestone Turanza EL400-02 (195/60/16) on a 2001 Kawasaki Nomad 1500. Once the tire was mounted on the rim, it had a more rounded shape, similiar to the MC tire. I love the ride, the look and the handling characteristics of the bike alot more than with the MC tire. Good luck with your choice.

Bud2Rat

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-10-29

Back to top Go down

Help!!! Empty RE HELP

Post  Larry Simpson Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Deeper tread and a little wider tire which will help with tar snakes ect. thumbup thumbup
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  dbass Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks everyone, all good info will be sure to let you know when I get the tire and put it on!

dbass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum