Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast....

4 posters

Go down

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... Empty Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:46 am

This is the only motorcycle forum I post on that cuts the pictures off on the right side.....Anyway to fix this ?

Just rolled in from a much needed road trip . We took ( 4 ) days and rode down to St. Marks , Florida to check out " The Forgotten Coast " .

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09330Large

We stayed two nights at The Shell Island Fish Camp a very cool place out away from eveything.Anyone know why the block's are stacked and not layed in the traditional method ? DAMNIFIKNOW

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09298Large

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09299Large

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09300Large

We took a nice long ride saturday all the way up The Fogotten Coast through Carrabelle,St.George,Apalachicola. The St.Marks lighthouse is a beautiful ride out into the swamps that end at The Gulf Of Mexico.

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09301Large

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09305Large

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09306Large

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09308Large

Hooked up with my friend Rick ( Flask ) and some of the Florida Valkyrie riders. Got to meet Rick's brother Mike and Eddie ( Tropic traveler ) for the first time.

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09312Large

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09310Large

I paid close attention hoping to see a Gator it was pretty cold sunday morning for Florida this time of year it was 35 when Paul and I came out of the motel and hit the road .

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09311Large

After a nice 25 cents a piece raw oyster lunch in Carrabella Paul and I went on up The Costal Highway through Apalachicola.

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09314Large

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09313Large

I'm not sure but I'm guessing this has been here since Hurricane Dennis in 2005 that hit this area very hard.

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09316Large

Picture's below does'nt do justice to just how many oyster shells was piled up at this place in Apalachicola.

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09317Large

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09319Large

Paul and I got back in late sunday night after a all day ride up the coast and back.

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09323Large

On the way back home we zigged and zagged our way back up through the panhandle of Florida and into Georgia all on backroads. Came into the small town of Greenville, Fl and saw it was the hometown of Ray Charles.

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09324Large

Paul and his buddy Ray.Paul said " When I was in the Army in 1960 Ray was BIG at that time".

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09327Large

After making our way into Georgia we rode through Irwinsville site of the President Jefferson Davis Memorial. This is where the yankees captured him after The War of Northern Aggression. The yankee's fired on each other at this site killing each other in the progress.It was closed but I jumped the gate and took some photo's anyway.

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09332Large

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... Irwinville11a

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09333Large

The Blood Stained Banner fly's high over the Memorial .

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09334Large

This was a great ride and one I'll always remember the weather was cool but not that bad and my rain gear never left my saddlebag and that's always a plus.

" The Money Shot " taken at Alligator Point over-looking The Gulf Of Mexico.

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... DSC09322Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... Empty re Few Days on the Road....Floridas Forgotten Coast....

Post  Larry Simpson Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:20 am

Thanks for the post Joe,have missed your pictures on this board always interesting .Glad you had a safe ride. thumbup thumbup
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... Empty Re: Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast....

Post  jdm1955 Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks for the post..I live in the Dothan, Alabama area and now looking into the "Forgotten Coast" area for a weekend trip. Thanks again Great Pics too..JD thumbup yes

jdm1955

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-11-13

http://jdm1955@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast.... Empty Re: Few days on the road....Florida's forgotten coast....

Post  Doc Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Great pics Joe, Thanks! thumbup

I went in the back and tweaked a setting.
I think all of your pictures show now. You can blow them up to full page size now also.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:08 pm

00 Doc wrote:Great pics Joe, Thanks! thumbup

I went in the back and tweaked a setting.
I think all of your pictures show now. You can blow them up to full page size now also.

Thank You cheers
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum