vtx1800 C

View previous topic View next topic Go down

vtx1800 C

Post  valkman51 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Which tire would fit better, the 205/65/16 or the 205/60/16. Which one would sit the bike higher? Thanks.

valkman51

Number of posts : 9
Location : florida
Registration date : 2011-09-16

Back to top Go down

Re: vtx1800 C

Post  pgr_boo on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
205/60-16 4.8in 12.8in 25.7in 80.7in 785 0.0%
205/65-16 5.2in 13.2in 26.5in 83.2in 761 3.1%

The /65 is going to sit the bike 4/10th's of an inch higher than the /60 (if I read this right)

pgr_boo

Number of posts : 17
Location : Cumming, GA
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: vtx1800 C

Post  Doc on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:38 pm

pgr_boo wrote:Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
205/60-16 4.8in 12.8in 25.7in 80.7in 785 0.0%
205/65-16 5.2in 13.2in 26.5in 83.2in 761 3.1%

The /65 is going to sit the bike 4/10th's of an inch higher than the /60 (if I read this right)

Your math is correct. I think scratch Very Happy yes

_________________

2012 Goldwing Candy Red
Michelin Alpin PA3 195/55/16   The Darkside... Ain't nothin' but a rubber thang...  Vader
avatar
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Age : 63
Location : Tahlequah it's in NE Oklahoma.
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: vtx1800 C

Post  pgr_boo on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:17 pm

00 Doc wrote:
pgr_boo wrote:Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
205/60-16 4.8in 12.8in 25.7in 80.7in 785 0.0%
205/65-16 5.2in 13.2in 26.5in 83.2in 761 3.1%

The /65 is going to sit the bike 4/10th's of an inch higher than the /60 (if I read this right)

Your math is correct. I think scratch Very Happy yes

I cheated and used the online tire size calculator.

pgr_boo

Number of posts : 17
Location : Cumming, GA
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: vtx1800 C

Post  pgr_boo on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:20 pm

valkman51 wrote:Which tire would fit better, the 205/65/16 or the 205/60/16. Which one would sit the bike higher? Thanks.

I put a /55 on my R today and I'm damn near positive a 65 would clear with no troubles. I had to take the brake caliper bracket off to get the wheel in but that's not a big deal.

/new darksider "expert" ya know lololol
//I know what I know and that's all ya get

pgr_boo

Number of posts : 17
Location : Cumming, GA
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: vtx1800 C

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum