Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My life in an Outlaw Club

4 posters

Go down

My life in an Outlaw Club Empty My life in an Outlaw Club

Post  Ltc Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:30 am

I have to own up to a dark period in my life. I now live a seemingly respectable existence, but there was a time when I lived as an outlaw biker….malcontent…..non conformist etc etc yes, all of the trappings of the Outlaw life were there.
I rolled with a pack of renegades. I wore the colors. I spent hours at the clubhouse. I even lived a life of crime. I can’t say I’m proud of this former life, but it is part of what I am.
The initiation was intimidating but thrilling.

To attain membership, one had to perform several acts of daring.
They could involve jumping from the top ledge of the bridge overhanging the canal, or the nabbing of vegetables from the farmers fields. Stacking crates across the road in the fog. Creating a manikin filled with greens yes there was a head with hair and everything attached to a rope. It was laid in the road on foggy nights, once it was struck by a car we would reel him in, one guy freaked out grabbed him put him in the car and as the paper listed the following day actually drove him to the Hospital. Headline read Police baffled……wuhahahaha

We had to have a place to hang with our biker brothers, so we spent days building that sanctuary we called the clubhouse. It was not a pretty thing, but that rough structure that we built was our place. On any Saturday, you could find a line of similar bikes parked in a line at the clubhouse. No one but members of our group could hang out there.

Yes, we rolled as a pack. We all rode Schwinn’s, Krates, Grey Ghosts & Fastbacks. Some even rode custom built Stingrays. Mine had motorcycle handlebars even had motorcycle grips, had to wrap electrical tape on the throttle side grip however, even wire wrapped the spokes like my dirt bike. And a mud guard for the chain made from a borrowed street sign. If you didn’t ride a Schwinn, you were not welcome. If you peddled up on a Huffy or dare I say it, a Sears, you could be in for a beating = verbal humiliation.

The colors? We wore them everywhere. We wanted everyone to know that we were a pack, and those colors were an intimidating symbol of our overall badness. You see, we all played on the same Pop Warner Football team the “Steelers” Those who had attained an All-Star patch were in the top echelon of our club. For the record, if we caught a member of another team wearing his jersey in our neighborhood, there would be trouble.
Yes, I was an outlaw biker – but I outgrew it at the age of 14, (Motorcycle license at 15).
We lived in a cul-de-sac 28 total homes surrounded by farmers fields everyone called it The Patch we would ride our motorcycles thru the farmers trails to a 400+ acre field passing the Sheriffs Dept in the process. There were areas we were supposed to push our bikes, ok well it was hard to walk in motocross boots. Riding them on the streets made sense to us unfortunately the sheriffs deputies did not agree.

During one of So.Cal few rainy weekends we had to ride the mud fields. You could hear us coming like a pack of angry bees. All of us rode Yamaha 2 strokers and with our Yellow & Black (Steelers) Football jerseys I guess we also looked like a bunch of crazed rag tag bees.

No breakdowns or crashes we could not walk away from, perfect day until? We headed home screaming down the residential streets to the safety of our garages. Once we made it to the Patch cars could not follow. Remember the mud! Well we made it home hid the bikes and were headed to the clubhouse unfortunately the mud trails were followed by the deputies yes they captured us in our driveways. Outlaws captured by the MAN…….arghhhhh
I am told there are some who never outgrow it. Very Interesting

Last edited by Ltc on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Header)

Ltc

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

My life in an Outlaw Club Empty Re: My life in an Outlaw Club

Post  jedishon Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:29 am

You were a wild one. lafer lafer lafer

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User