Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision?

+8
wheels_up
Gray Rider
CaribCruiser
mrugg
quadancer
pete a
twin1300
ltrmc02
12 posters

Go down

Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision? Empty Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision?

Post  ltrmc02 Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Just bought a 2008 Vision and want some feedback on how these bikes take to CT's and the prefered tire to run on it. Never really thought about running a CT on a bike until a neighboro mentioned it a week ago but thinking back I had rode a Boss Hoss with one and was impressed with the way that big rideable motor stand handled lol!

ltrmc02

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision? Empty Re: Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision?

Post  twin1300 Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:54 pm

Here is some guys doing some Victory stuff on here and we are getting a Victory section soon.

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/t4859-need-a-new-brand-section-victory#42455
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision? Empty Re: Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision?

Post  ltrmc02 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:02 am

twin1300 wrote:Here is some guys doing some Victory stuff on here and we are getting a Victory section soon.

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/t4859-need-a-new-brand-section-victory#42455
Thanks for the link thumbup

ltrmc02

Back to top Go down

Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision? Empty C T on VISION

Post  pete a Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:49 pm

HAD MY CT iNSTALLED TODAY I RODE ABOUT 150 MILES ON IT. i AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE HANDLING AND THE FEEL. pUT ON A HANKOOK vENTUS V4 195/55R/16 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
pete a
pete a

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  ltrmc02 Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:31 am

pete a wrote: HAD MY CT iNSTALLED TODAY I RODE ABOUT 150 MILES ON IT. i AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE HANDLING AND THE FEEL. pUT ON A HANKOOK vENTUS V4 195/55R/16 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
thumbup Keep me informed on it's handling and your likes\dislikes with it, I'll probably be putting on my fist CT in a few more weeks.

ltrmc02

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:55 am

pete a wrote: HAD MY CT iNSTALLED TODAY I RODE ABOUT 150 MILES ON IT. i AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE HANDLING AND THE FEEL. pUT ON A HANKOOK vENTUS V4 195/55R/16 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

If you are happy...then why the angry faces????

........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  pete a Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm

I Had myRear shock set at 30lbs on a rough road didnt feel any bumps. I stopped to add fuel, changed pressure to 20 lbs still a smooth ride. This is solo,co-pilot hasnt been on since Tire change. Smile So far I love it Pete Exclamation
pete a
pete a

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:30 pm

TWENTY POUNDS??? Heck, you might as well blow it up with your mouth! Lowest I've heard of yet, and I'd be a bit nervous there.
Or does that thing have air shocks? I thought you were talking about the tire.
Hey, I saw a Vic today...had these weird taillights in a "V" formation, and when I got up alongside of it, it looked like two wheels
with giant plastic BUBBLES all over it! What tha heck IS that thing?
Sure didn't look like a motersickle!
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mrugg Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:15 pm

I believe that is called a Victory Vision.
mrugg
mrugg

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:14 pm

mrugg wrote:I believe that is called a Victory Vision.
plus1
Think so to. Great looking bike.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  mrugg Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:21 pm

I think they are very well equipt.Cruise control,stereo,Built in compressor for the suspenion,and electric controlled windshield.
mrugg
mrugg

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  pete a Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:02 pm

update on hankook// added air in rear shock back to 30 lbs. co-pilot went with on a short 50 mile run will have at least 36 pounds in rear shock riding 2 up Very Happy
pete a
pete a

Back to top Go down

Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision? Empty Dark Side on a Vision

Post  Gray Rider Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:42 pm

I had a Goodrich Potenza installed on my 2008 Vision back in June. So far so good. This is my first on the Vision and third overall having two others on another bike. I'm running 36 psi on a 195/55/16 tire. It's a super mod for the bike. I feel a lot more secure than with the E-3 that came from the factory.

Gray Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:31 am

Gray Rider wrote:I had a Goodrich Potenza installed on my 2008 Vision back in June. So far so good. This is my first on the Vision and third overall having two others on another bike. I'm running 36 psi on a 195/55/16 tire. It's a super mod for the bike. I feel a lot more secure than with the E-3 that came from the factory.

Put the same tire on, about the same time you did.

I get the same feeling about having the tire on the bike

Back to top Go down

Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision? Empty Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S 205/55R16 on Victory Vision - Will it fit?

Post  wheels_up Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:55 am

Does anybody know if a Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S 205/55R16 or 205/60R16 will fit on a Victory Vision?

A Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid 195/55R16 will fit, but I like the Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S better, but it is not made in a 195mm width.

Jim Puckett
Midland, MI

Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision? P6120206-M

wheels_up

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision? Empty MPG change with CT?

Post  ltrmc02 Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:09 pm

Has anyone experienced your fuel mileage drop off with the CT vs a M/C tire? My Vision is getting in the 36-38mpg range consistently since putting on the CT. I did occassionally get in the low 40's with the M/C tire on it.

ltrmc02

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:37 pm

I've never heard of a CT lowering your mpg.... Usually it is the right wrist that does it. yeah
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision? Empty you got me.

Post  unimax Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Going darkside on my 09 vision. I think Ill try the potenza grid. are there any other solid choice's for this bike?
hmmm

unimax

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  atxvision Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:42 pm

I don't have a clue on which tire to get as my first ct. I have a hitch and can't get the 185 / 55 grid 019 anymore( discontinued ) what are my other options? On tire rack I only seen three or so but not sure which one I need ?

atxvision

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMike Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:52 pm

I'm looking too.  I have two things against me.....I have a Ness Vision AND I have a Bushtec hitch.  Ness is over 2" lower than the non-Ness Visions and the hitches only recently work with the Ness's.  I worked directly with Bushtec to get a bracket to work so that's not an issue as far as the bike is concerned now. BUT I don't know how the lowered bike in combination to the hitch will affect appropriate tire size fitment (or what others are using).

I've use the Potenza G109 on my VTX and loved it.  I'd like to go that route for the Ness too.  Researching and looking so if you know of anyone on a Ness Vision that has a CT AND a hitch, please speak up Smile

Any Experience With A CT On A Victory Vision? Ness_a11
TheMike
TheMike

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down