Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkside w/trailer.....add sparks! Totally awesome pic!

+9
greazman
smokey2255
SLO_VTX
quadancer
Metalman
CaribCruiser
Doc
NeonLeon
twin1300
13 posters

Go down

Darkside w/trailer.....add sparks! Totally awesome pic! Empty Darkside w/trailer.....add sparks! Totally awesome pic!

Post  twin1300 Thu May 12, 2011 10:55 am

Darkside w/trailer.....add sparks! Totally awesome pic! Img_9728
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Darkside w/trailer.....add sparks! Totally awesome pic! Empty Re: Darkside w/trailer.....add sparks! Totally awesome pic!

Post  NeonLeon Thu May 12, 2011 11:42 am

Oh .... yeah ... Darkside w/trailer.....add sparks! Totally awesome pic! 3458505197
NeonLeon
NeonLeon

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Darkside w/trailer.....add sparks! Totally awesome pic! Empty Re: Darkside w/trailer.....add sparks! Totally awesome pic!

Post  Doc Thu May 12, 2011 11:50 am

lafer yeah yeah yeah
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Thu May 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Great shot, thx for sharing.
Looks like he still has his sigaret in his mouth.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalman Fri May 13, 2011 3:08 pm

He must be a confident rider...or really hung up on nicotine. He has is flip front helmet flipped up so he toke a smoke.

Metalman

Number of posts : 57
Location : Hernando Beach, FL (winter); Rineyville, KY (summer)
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Fri May 13, 2011 10:27 pm

For a second there, I thought that was my buddy Ron! I actually couldn't catch him pulling his trailer and me with just the camp gear loaded on. His bike IS a bit faster than my tractor though. He wore the heels off of his new Redbird boots our first time on the Dragon. hmmm
Great pic!
https://2img.net/h/i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb223/quadancer/BIKE/Runs/DragonCamp/Bootheels.jpg
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  SLO_VTX Sat May 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Hot damn! I am famous!

And I had just lit that Black & Mild and didn't want it to go to waste! lol .. so I took it withme on my first ride on the dragon!

cheers

SLO_VTX

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat May 14, 2011 3:07 pm

SLO_VTX wrote:Hot damn! I am famous!

And I had just lit that Black & Mild and didn't want it to go to waste! lol .. so I took it withme on my first ride on the dragon!

cheers

I'm with you slo. That's why I wear a modular. Love the versatility of it. Nice pic too bro Vader bow Cool Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  greazman Sat May 14, 2011 4:59 pm

What no mention of were that Black and Mild came from!!!! Laughing Laughing
greazman
greazman

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat May 14, 2011 5:16 pm

SLO_VTX wrote:Hot damn! I am famous!

cheers

Awesome...I was wondering if anyone knew who this was!! You sir and stylin' and profilin'! Nice job!

..............bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyDraco Sat May 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Great pic Angel
LadyDraco
LadyDraco

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  SLO_VTX Sat May 14, 2011 8:46 pm

greazman wrote:What no mention of were that Black and Mild came from!!!! Laughing Laughing

Sorry .. I should have said "Greazman had just given me that Black & Mild and I didn't want to waste it".

And I don't know how many miles were left on the Dragon when we left the lookout but I puffed on that Black & Mild the whole way to the restaurant at Deals Gap. Actually finished it in the middle of some of those really sharp switchbacks .. lol. I was a puffin' fool tryin to keep up with Greazman ... but the bike, trailer and I did a pretty good job keeping up.

Darkside w/trailer.....add sparks! Totally awesome pic! Dragon11

SLO_VTX

Back to top Go down

Post  greazman Tue May 17, 2011 3:38 pm

That was definately the little trailer that could. On the 4th of this month 12 Maryland VTXILES on 11 bikes set off on a 5 day ride to The Dragon and Blue Ridge Mountain parkway. What a blast hitting the twisties!!! 1400 miles round trip. Gotta do it again next year thumbup
greazman
greazman

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sun May 22, 2011 6:57 pm

The pic isn't loading for me. Anyone got the link?
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sun May 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Ok its working now
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  SLO_VTX Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:52 am

10k miles on the Darkside is rapidly approaching ... and I can say that I will not be putting a MCT on the rear of this bike ever. My CT still looks brand new .. and I am not a "Sunday driver".

Lovin' it.

To anyone thinking about going Darkside ... just do it already!

SLO_VTX

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 pm

SLO_VTX wrote:10k miles on the Darkside is rapidly approaching ... and I can say that I will not be putting a MCT on the rear of this bike ever. My CT still looks brand new .. and I am not a "Sunday driver".

Lovin' it.

To anyone thinking about going Darkside ... just do it already!

Thanks....most of us feel the same way and just glad you are loving it!

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Please don't forget to grease your splines every 15,000 miles.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tenpoun1 Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Haha yah that is one sweet pic with the sparks, It would even be cooler with a few flames shooting out the tail-pipe

tenpoun1

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-11-29

http://www.bestsnowboardreviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SLO_VTX Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:26 am

15K miles on the CT and it's still got another 10K easy left in it.

On a side note, the Metz 880 I out on the front at the same time still looks new... I bet it goes another 10K as well... since the CT has so much more traction I have switched to using it for almost all my braking needs... so much better than stock.

SLO_VTX

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:12 am

Thanks for the info. Dont forget to grease your slines.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:02 am

SLO_VTX wrote:15K miles on the CT and it's still got another 10K easy left in it.

On a side note, the Metz 880 I out on the front at the same time still looks new... I bet it goes another 10K as well... since the CT has so much more traction I have switched to using it for almost all my braking needs... so much better than stock.

You might wanna read our braking threads. What you'll do in an accident is whatever you do daily - in your case, you'll punch the rear brake hard, slide sideways, and join 99% of the bikes that go down because everyone uses just the back brake.
The improved method is to get in the habit of using the fronts primarily and definitely before applying the rear; this will teach (by neural learning) your foot to be more diligent in application of the rear, greatly reducing your chances of a.) lockup, b.) sliding out, and c.) stopping.
Practicing "brake and swerve" maneuver(s) is highly recommended, because again, you won't do what you have not implemented because there's no time to think things out when facing a red light runner or drunk 16 year old texting his buddy.
Also consider how much easier it is to replace front pads compared to the backs. Had I practiced brake and swerve (the one thing I didn't think I needed), I may have merely tapped the rear fender of the guy slamming on brakes in front of me as I looked away instead of going down, trying to just swerve with the locked rear - and that with a CT on the back too. Took 2 seconds to hit pavement; now they call me "Road Rash" in the club.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  SLO_VTX Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks for the reply .. but I am already very familiar with panic stopping... happens to me almost weekly since I ride 20+ miles of beltway and interstate daily to work. Stomping the rear brake is something I got out of doing when I had my first motorcycle. I learned quickly how much it hurts when you and the bike go down.
I learned a long time ago how important it is to load your brakes quickly but still be cognizant of lockup from either wheel. I learned on a trail bike, racing around with friends, on all types of surfaces.
Learning how your bike stops (panic stops) is one of the things you should be practicing with a new bike. I really never cared for the poor braking from the rear wheel with a MCT on the rear .. so I really noticed how much better the CT performs. And I love the braking performance on this tire.

SLO_VTX

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:00 am

Good deal man. Jus' tryin' to keep each other alive in here. My time on the dirt gave me a lot of stuff too, including head and eyes, that crossed over to street riding.
My bet on panic braking is only one in 5 have done it and one in 500 practice it. So most out there are clueless as to what will happen.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down