A new dog in the fight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A new dog in the fight

Post  czech on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:07 am

Officially joined the alumni of Darksiders today. Installed a 205/65/16 Hydroedge on my '06 1800C-3. Thanks to ya'll for all the glowing reports and excellent feedback. It saved me a butt load of time and money. Big Ten Tires matched Tirerack.com price of $150.00 plus tax out the door. Cudo's to Howard's Cycle Shop , close to Gulf Shores, Ala. for the quick and excellent , $25.00 tire install. If your ever in the Foley/ Gulf Shores, Ala area and need bike service , he's your man ( 251-970-2664). Per the forum members advice, I ground inner fender brackets. Went on a 100 mile nite ride ,stopped by the Chrome Horse Saloon @ Silverhill, Ala to celebrate and then home for a complete check over with brite light and magnifying glass. Everythings great for now.

First off , You really notice the solid feel you get riding straight up and braking with a CT . The MT tire isn't even close. You also notice the countersteer , but it's not as bad as you think it is. There is an old motocrosser tecqnique that will fix this. Upon entering your turn , press down hard with your foot , on the peg , side of the turn. You are in effect steering with your feet also ! This will countereffect the bike trying to countersteer because of the much larger tire print.
I can not wait to show all the non belivers and big box cycle dealers my brand new , BIG DARKSIDE BOOTY!!!!

Czech

Last edited by czech on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mIs spelling and rewording)

czech

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: A new dog in the fight

Post  nodakbassmaster on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:43 am

glad you are enjoying it! Remember to give it time to wear off the mold release before getting to crazy with it!

nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:46 pm

cheers

aka....Senior Vader...(giving to me by my friends) Vader

http://www.hickmachine.com/ I got the CTR and love it!

VTXDS # 5
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top