Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triumph Thunderbird rear tire

2 posters

Go down

Triumph Thunderbird rear tire Empty Triumph Thunderbird rear tire

Post  Davetac1 Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Do we have anyone on this site,other than myself, who owns a Triumph 1600 Thunderbird?? If so,has anyone gone to a CT on the rear yet?? Thanks. Dave!!!

Davetac1

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Triumph Thunderbird rear tire Empty loven it

Post  wisconsinthunderbird Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:54 am

Yes I have. And I love it. 205 50 17 kumho I have on mine its a tight fit but it does clear

wisconsinthunderbird

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-09-16

Back to top Go down

Triumph Thunderbird rear tire Empty Re: Triumph Thunderbird rear tire

Post  Davetac1 Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Ya wouldn't happen to have a picture of it,would ya?? On the Tbird 1600 .com website,we have discovered that Michelin and Dunlop have both come out with a tire in the 200/55R/17 size,[that's "VR" not "ZR" rated],that's supposed to last between 20 and 25,000 miles,the CommanderII and the American Elite, respectively.Two of our guys have already mounted the CommanderII on their machines.So now we wait to see if these tires actually go the distance claimed by the manufacturer.I have Dunlop's American Elite in stock for my next tire change.As you know the tires that come on it,as well as a bunch of other makes and models,are Z rated,and because of that,the tires are stickier for speed in turns,but unfortunately, only last 6 or 7000 miles,which I'm sure you've already aware of.IMO,this is totally unacceptable,not to mention,expensive.I've already had 6 rear tires on my T bird over the last 19 months and 32,000 miles, and am sick of spending good money after bad.But thank you for your response to my question.And should ya need any info about your new Tbird,come on over to the site I mentioned as we've pretty much covered everything there is to know about.Thank you again sir. Dave!!!

Davetac1

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Triumph Thunderbird rear tire Empty Re: Triumph Thunderbird rear tire

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down