Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Darkside tomorrow

4 posters

Go down

Going Darkside tomorrow Empty Going Darkside tomorrow

Post  plutovtx2002 Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:07 am

Want to thank everyone for this site. Tomorrow I'm having my CT installed on my VTX2002 1800C. I'm very much looking forward to it. Based on many of your inputs I choose GY Assurance TT 205/60/16. Paid a little more than I expected at Discount tire but so what it will pay for itself after 8000miles. I ran with DunlopD251, they are very good tires but did not get much over 8K miles. I would post pictures but I believe everyone knows what that tires looks like. Doing all the work myself except have the tire mounted on the rim. This is good experience for me since I'm only started riding in 07/08 and this VTX is my first bike. Pictures can be found on VTXOA website, screen name plutovtx2002

plutovtx2002

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Going Darkside tomorrow Empty Re: Going Darkside tomorrow

Post  ToMang07 Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:15 am

plutovtx2002 wrote:Want to thank everyone for this site. Tomorrow I'm having my CT installed on my VTX2002 1800C. I'm very much looking forward to it. Based on many of your inputs I choose GY Assurance TT 205/60/16. Paid a little more than I expected at Discount tire but so what it will pay for itself after 8000miles. I ran with DunlopD251, they are very good tires but did not get much over 8K miles. I would post pictures but I believe everyone knows what that tires looks like. Doing all the work myself except have the tire mounted on the rim. This is good experience for me since I'm only started riding in 07/08 and this VTX is my first bike. Pictures can be found on VTXOA website, screen name plutovtx2002

Just a quick question/warning:

You may need to chop the "ears" off the fender support bracket under the fender. I did, i had rubbing on the left side. If you have not already done this, be VERY cautious and pay atention to the tire, make sure it is not rubbing! I will PM you here and VTXOA to make sure you get this, I don't want to to dammage your tire and risk a blowout, I wasn't far off myself when I mounted the Metz 200mm! Shocked

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207367
See #11.

Good luck, make sure to run it for at least a couple hundred miles to get the mold release off, and play with air pressure till you find your sweet-spot, mine is 38psi.
ToMang07
ToMang07

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:48 am

+1

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  plutovtx2002 Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:53 am

Thanks, read the information thru the link you provided. I will look carefully at those ears and grind if need be. I will move the Shock to Position 1 thru 5 to look for clearance. Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I will post a picture once done but as you this tire is populate. FYI, my VTX is also Silver

plutovtx2002

Back to top Go down

Post  ToMang07 Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:55 am

plutovtx2002 wrote:Thanks, read the information thru the link you provided. I will look carefully at those ears and grind if need be. I will move the Shock to Position 1 thru 5 to look for clearance. Thanks for the information. I appreciate t. I will post a picture once done but as you this tire is populate. FYI, my VTX is also Silver

The FASTEST Color. What a Face
ToMang07
ToMang07

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:11 am

I'm probably willing to bet that color has nothing to do with speed............unless it's true blue of course.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  ToMang07 Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 am

jedishon wrote:I'm probably willing to bet that color has nothing to do with speed............unless it's true blue of course.

Jerry

Blue is pretty fast, at least compared to Orange. Suspect

But it's got nothin on Black, which is a close Second only to Silver. Razz
ToMang07
ToMang07

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:20 am

Ouch
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  ToMang07 Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:28 pm

jedishon wrote:Ouch

Sorry man, but you can't argue with science. jocolor
ToMang07
ToMang07

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Science says blue is a prime color. Silver is a combo of white and black, both prime colors.
Seems logical that a single prime color would be lighter and thus faster than a combination of 2 others.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Going Darkside tomorrow Empty Goodyear Aurrance Triple Tread is on, she feels good

Post  plutovtx2002 Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:31 pm

I took her ( my bike) for a ride, she feels good. She likes to resist just a little to tilt over and I have to force it a little. She likes to be upright which is fine by me. Overall very happy with the CT, I also installed the ceramic beads which cost $25 plus $10 to mount the tire. If you are in Austin and need a tire change, find Pink Goriila Cycles, Wes will take care of you. Great shop, he and I went to the back and put the CT on. It was some work, not as easy as everyone said not sure why perhaps both of us were rookies. That said, the experience was great and I did not have to invest in hardware, Wes will take care of future changes as well.

Last edited by plutovtx2002 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

plutovtx2002

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Welcome to the darkside. A couple hundred miles and the extra pressure to turn will be second nature and seem perfectly normal.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  plutovtx2002 Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Thanks Jerry, I believe you are right. I road for about 20 miles and got it rather quickly. Is there a PATCH in order? Do I make the list of DARKSIDE members?
Seriously, thanks to the forum and all the positive encourage on CT not being such a BAD THING TO DO.... Anyway, I will keep everyone posted. Given I've only been riding a MC since 7/08, this post should be a point of reference for many of you out there (ie.. I don't have a lot of experience or fixed ways on how things should be, being open minded and trying something new can be a positive thing).

plutovtx2002

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:13 pm

plutovtx2002 wrote:Thanks Jerry, I believe you are right. I road for about 20 miles and got it rather quickly. Is there a PATCH in order? Do I make the list of DARKSIDE members?
Seriously, thanks to the forum and all the positive encourage on CT not being such a BAD THING TO DO.... Anyway, I will keep everyone posted. Given I've only been riding a MC since 7/08, this post should be a point of reference for many of you out there (ie.. I don't have a lot of experience or fixed ways on how things should be, being open minded and trying something new can be a positive thing).

There is a link where the new patch was being voted on. We had a list where everyone got a number but we were hacked and the lists were destroyed. Just keep checking in. I'm sure they will make an anouncement when the patches are ready.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  plutovtx2002 Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:24 am

Thanks, if you are ever in Austin give me shout. Katy's is not far from Austin.

plutovtx2002

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkDeuce Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Katy's is not far from Austin.

But it's being evacuated now ahead of hurricane Igor.

You have to be a reader of the Houston Chronicle to get this...

DarkDeuce

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down