Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Day

4 posters

Go down

Big Day Empty Big Day

Post  Schrauf Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Lots happened today. 1. Got the General Altimax hp 205 60 16 mounted and balanced with airsoft pellets. Went on easier than the front tire (Shinko 757) ended up with a couple of scratches on the back rim not to noticeable. 2. The guy that helped me mount the tires was a sport bike stunt rider and can ride way beyond my comprehension. Now I'm not a real aggressive rider as matter of fact I probably shouldn't use the word aggressive in my style of riding. Anyway he was in front of me and slowed down to about 55 mph stood on his pegs and popped into a straight vertical wheely and then proceeded to walk away from me, probably between 80 and 90 mph and at least a mile down the road before bringing the front back down. That gave me frigging goose bumps then did it again going up a long up hill stretch. 3. Then we switched bikes so he could ride the darkside and I could ride my first Sport Bike, I did explain to him that the VTX is not going to be doing any wheel stands (he laughed ). That little speed machine kinda scared me but kind of fun to ride......glad to get back on the X. 4. Now for the first time on the darkside.......I don't get it I hardly noticed any difference except smoother......dang why isn't everyone riding dark? The guy with the sport bike was surprised and thought it handled very well with no negatives. The one place it felt a little different was in the grass not real bad just different. I am running 40 psi at this point but will be open to comments. So far happy with the change. Very Happy

Schrauf

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Big Day Empty Re: Big Day

Post  quadancer Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Wait until you have to panic stop in the rain. You actually now HAVE a back brake!!! Tested mine today going home from a HOG picnic in the wetstuff.
That pirelli Night dragon won't be spinning under me again. Or any OTHER MT for that matter.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:54 am

Congrats Big Day and welcome to the darkside. Glad you like it!

...................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:34 am

Welcome to the darkside. After 400-500 miles (since you are happy now) you can play with the air pressure and see if any feels better under all conditions.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down