Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hankook in the Rain?

+4
Dudester60
twin1300
jedishon
HotBarrel
8 posters

Go down

Hankook in the Rain? Empty Hankook in the Rain?

Post  HotBarrel Sun May 30, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm going Darkside this summer, and an interested to know if anyone has any input on how the Hankook tires handle in the rain? Searching the site turned up three threads but none mentioned wet weather riding. Love the way they look and they have great specs at the right price, but I ride in everything but snow and don't want the bike sliding out from under me in a turn in the rain. Any input is appreciated Smile

Thanks.

HB

HotBarrel

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-30

Back to top Go down

Hankook in the Rain? Empty Re: Hankook in the Rain?

Post  jedishon Sun May 30, 2010 1:10 pm

Have not ridden one but they should be great. Anny ct will outperform a mt in the rain. IMHO.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon May 31, 2010 12:53 am

HB,

Trust me...wet weather riding is where the car tire really shines and you should never have an issue in the rain. I can almost stop as good in the rain as most motorcycles with motorcycle tires stop in the dry!

.......................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudester60 Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:51 am

I know this is an old thread, but I can vouch that the Hankook is great in the rain. I got caught several times so far this summer in torrential rain and thunder storms. The Hankook Optimo H426 glued to the wet road like I had duct tape wrapped around it......just amazing. However, my buddies make me ride at the back of the group when raining, cause they hate the rooster's tail I throw in their faces when I'm leading the group in the rain lol. Trust be known, if I chose to, I could leave them all far behind me, cause they wouldn't be able to keep up to me in the rain with their motorcycle tires. Some of them have now came over to the DS since seeing how my tire reacts in the rain. If there is one place the car tire really shines on a motorcycle, is in the rain.
Dudester60
Dudester60

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-05-19

Back to top Go down

Hankook in the Rain? Empty rain

Post  lham Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:16 pm

What is rain
lham
lham

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Beermand Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:53 pm

Yes what is this rain thing you speak of?? Haven't seen it in so long down here I can't remember what it is! Oh and Joy we are going to be over 100 degrees every day next week again! Somebody turn the damn thermostat down please!!!!!!
Beermand
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudester60 Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Beermand wrote:Yes what is this rain thing you speak of?? Haven't seen it in so long down here I can't remember what it is! Oh and Joy we are going to be over 100 degrees every day next week again! Somebody turn the damn thermostat down please!!!!!!

Wash your mouth !!! cus Talk like that could cause it to snow. cold
yes
Have to admit though, it's been dryer than a hookers twat in menopause up here too. SignOops

Last edited by Dudester60 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Dudester60
Dudester60

Back to top Go down

Post  coldweatherfreak Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:17 am

Dudester60 wrote:Wash your mouth !!! cus Talk like that could cause it to snow. cold
yes
Have to admit though, it's been dryer than a hookers twat on menopause up here too. SignOops

ba! heated gear and studded tires, cold air = free horsepower

fwiw though, studded MC tire in front, unstudded General Altimax Artic in back performs better than the studded MC tire in back last winter
Hankook in the Rain? 166861_1485994563854_1653606918_1157320_1068171_n
coldweatherfreak
coldweatherfreak

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Dudester60 Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:48 pm

coldweatherfreak wrote:
Dudester60 wrote:Wash your mouth !!! cus Talk like that could cause it to snow. cold
yes
Have to admit though, it's been dryer than a hookers twat on menopause up here too. SignOops

ba! heated gear and studded tires, cold air = free horsepower

fwiw though, studded MC tire in front, unstudded General Altimax Artic in back performs better than the studded MC tire in back last winter
Hankook in the Rain? 166861_1485994563854_1653606918_1157320_1068171_n

What, no chains ??? LOL Dunno where you're from, but here in Ontario, we're not allowed studs on tires, otherwise, I'd give it a try for the front, with my Hankook on the rear. I'm paying ridiculous yearly insurance rates, so if I could, I'd ride mine all winter too, at least on sunny days.....and would dress accordingly, like the ska-doo days lol. Kudo's brudda, glad to see you enjoying your bike 12 months a year.
Dudester60
Dudester60

Back to top Go down

Post  pete a Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:57 am

Hi My ventus v4 rides awsome in the rain,200 miles one afternoon normal 2 lane riding then the last 100 on 4 lane at 80 mph Very happy with performance. felt safe no hydroplaning.Love it Pete Very Happy
pete a
pete a

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  pete a Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:58 am

Hi My ventus v4 rides awsome in the rain,200 miles one afternoon normal 2 lane riding then the last 100 on 4 lane at 80 mph Very happy with performance. felt safe no hydroplaning.Love it Pete Very Happy
pete a
pete a

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down