Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HERE WE GO !!!

5 posters

Go down

HERE WE GO !!! Empty HERE WE GO !!!

Post  Mad Mex Tue May 04, 2010 12:20 am

Tomorrow is the day ! Front/tire arrived today got the rear last Tuesday & the Dyna Beads came in yesterday. Found a shop to mount the rear. I mounted the front tire ( by hand w/tire irons just like the old days) & Installed the Dyna Beads couldn't believe how easy they went in.. Going to clearance the fender struts while the tire is being mounted. Hope to ride a little tomorrow if the weather holds. Once the tires on I'll take a few pic's & post . I selected a Bridgestone Potenza 019/205-60-16 V
Got it for $89.00 + tax $95 & change O.T.D., At Lakewood tire in Lakewood, Ohio they couldn't believe what I was going to put it on. They are located at 140th & Madison ave. So go see them they will work with you to find a go looking tire that will work for you !!

YEEE HAAAA!!!!!!

MAD MEX Twisted Evil
2003 VTX 1800 C

Last edited by Mad Mex on Tue May 04, 2010 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad Grammer & spelling! I made to the 6th grade allmost.)
Mad Mex
Mad Mex

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

HERE WE GO !!! Empty Re: HERE WE GO !!!

Post  nodakbassmaster Tue May 04, 2010 1:47 am

great! Let us know how it goes and take some pics. Remember to take it easy to adjust and let the mold release wear off the tire...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

HERE WE GO !!! Empty What is

Post  Mad Mex Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 pm

What the heck is mold release ????

I've been riding for 2 days a little the first day (about 20 miles). It felt a little unstable I'm running 42 lbs of pressure I think It's a little to much going down to 38lbs tomorrow . Got caught in the thunder storms in Cleveland today had to ride hard & fast to out run them at 110 mph felt real good. No luck got wet anyway. But sure felt stable in the rain. Feels funny when turning I think I just have to get the air right & relax. Well I check back in a day or so.
Mad Mex
Mad Mex

Back to top Go down

HERE WE GO !!! Empty Speed differance ?

Post  Mad Mex Wed May 05, 2010 10:19 pm

OK I'm running a 205/60/16 Bridgestone Potenza G019v what is the speed difference going to be Greater(more) or smaller

(less). I can feel a difference Like I have more at the big end ? Right or wrong ? Somebody explain to me no understand SE'

Is it like putting a smaller sprocket on the rear, more top end is gained. going larger more low end is gained . SE' It feels like

the engine is working less at the big end.

Mad Mex
Mad Mex
Mad Mex

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu May 06, 2010 2:04 am

Here is the comparison between the stock and your tire

Specification--Sidewall---Radius--- Diameter---Circumference- --Revs/Mile- ---Difference
180/70-16 -------5.0in -----13.0in --- 25.9in ----------81.4in ------- 778 ------------- 0.0%
205/60-16--------4.8in------12.8in----25.7in----------- 80.7in--------785------------- -0.9%
205/65-16 --------5.2in-----13.2in-----26.5in---------- 83.2in---------761--------------2.2%

Your stock speedo was off on the low side to start with, now it's less than 1% difference from that.... not much difference at cruising speed....
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu May 06, 2010 7:09 am

Mad Mex wrote:What the heck is mold release ????

I've been riding for 2 days a little the first day (about 20 miles). It felt a little unstable I'm running 42 lbs of pressure I think It's a little to much going down to 38lbs tomorrow . Got caught in the thunder storms in Cleveland today had to ride hard & fast to out run them at 110 mph felt real good. No luck got wet anyway. But sure felt stable in the rain. Feels funny when turning I think I just have to get the air right & relax. Well I check back in a day or so.

Have you played with the pressure enough to find your sweet spot yet?

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

HERE WE GO !!! Empty Speed & Sweet Spot

Post  Mad Mex Thu May 06, 2010 9:03 am

I'm trying 38 lbs today it already feels better .

Thanks for the speedo info that's the answer I was looking for .

NOW INTO THE DARK SIDE YEE HAAA !!!!!!

MAD MEX 1 Twisted Evil
Mad Mex
Mad Mex

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 am

Mad Mex wrote:I'm trying 38 lbs today it already feels better .

Thanks for the speedo info that's the answer I was looking for .

NOW INTO THE DARK SIDE YEE HAAA !!!!!!

MAD MEX 1 Twisted Evil

cheers ...........air pressure makes all the difference!... Wink

........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  VTX Mojo Fri May 07, 2010 12:07 pm

Just keep riding it. Wont even notice the difference after a while. I settled on 36psi. Seems to be the best for me.

VTX Mojo

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum