Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cooper 205/55-16 Zeon 2XS '06 Neo

3 posters

Go down

Cooper 205/55-16 Zeon 2XS '06 Neo Empty Cooper 205/55-16 Zeon 2XS '06 Neo

Post  liquidanlog Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:59 pm

hi all ok i need some help and info- Ive been wanting to go darkside but i keep getting nervous and backing out, what gets me nervous is that everyone says how they(car tires) track on uneven surfaces and dirt, well i remember when they cut up the streets by the house to work on them and how i hate the feeling my bike gets when im in the rough grooved surface and it just wobbles and follows the grooves in the street, is it as bad as that?? also ive read a couple times that certain tread patterns track less than other can anyone elaborate on that? there was a couple tires i was considering but i think im settling with the Cooper Zeon 2XS in a 205/55-16, the reason i think im leaning towards this tire is because it claims to have a sightly rounded mold profile so that in itself makes me a little less nervous found one for $105 shipped, i think im going to buy it next pay check, also another unanswered question i have is i want to get better fuel economy on longer trips so i already have pipes and an intake but i bought but havent installed yet- a fuel computer and a 1300 final drive hoping to get some better mileage, well i know that the 55 profile of the Cooper is slightly shorter than the stock MC tire i understand that a 1300 final drive along with the 55 profile tire give your speedometer the correct reading but with this set up am i going to get better gas mileage or is the 55 shorter profile going to cancel out the taller gear ratio of the 1300? i dont want to go with a 60 or 65 profile because i cant find a tread pattern im satisfied with, i used to work at a tire shop for a couple years so im picky when it comes to my tires and tread patterns, now lastly i live in south suburbs of chicago and called a couple places around me and only one guy said hell try it but he says he cant garauntee that he can get it on and wants to charge me $40 if i bring in the tire,im pretty sure he doesnt want to do it thats why he told me $40, i think thats a little high dont you? does anyone know anyone in chicago that will do it cheaper? do you think i can call custom tire shops that have good equipment? any info or sudgestions are appreciated thanks alot

liquidanlog

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Cooper 205/55-16 Zeon 2XS '06 Neo Empty Re: Cooper 205/55-16 Zeon 2XS '06 Neo

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:43 pm

First, best thing you can do for gas mileage is decrease the strength and quickness of your right wrist. The 1800 is a thirsty beast and that's really about the only way to help quench it's thirst. Plus it'll save you a bunch of money on the other stuff you are going to buy and not gain anything from...

Cooper sounds like a good tire, $40 sounds high to mount it though... keep calling around IMO. For a bit it's not to expensive to give the DS a try, if you find out that that it doesn't agree with you, I doubt you'd have much trouble selling the tire with a couple hundred miles on it to another person curious about trying the DS as well...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:21 am

I ordered my tire from a local car tire shop, $80 and they mounted it free, I'd look into it.
Cooper is a popular brand, should be readily available, and the tire Dlr. will be more accomodating if you buy from him.
Would you go to a Diner and bring your own bacon and eggs Question Good Luck
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down