Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

darkside my drifter?

3 posters

Go down

darkside my drifter? Empty darkside my drifter?

Post  mjgilbo Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Im a new member and this my first post,question,etc. Ive been thinkin im due for a new set of hoops. were plannin a trip to Glacier park from spring tx and i dont have that many miles on my 1999 drifter 1500. Ive studied th metzler 880 ww for the ft..but the rear is the one im pondering about the dk-side..my rideing bud has a Valk 2003 and ive ridden his and i like it..we might pull lite trailers called single-wheels,,Does anyone have exp with a drifters darkside..the suspension is a little different than regular scoots. we do ride alot thruought the year anyway as we"ll put 6000 miles on them. Ya gotta love Texas for year round riding,..Happy new year to all and thanks in advance
mjgilbo
mjgilbo

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

darkside my drifter? Empty Re: darkside my drifter?

Post  MAS Tequila Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:27 am

There are at least three tires that will fit.

I know of one guy who is running a 195/55/16.

My 1500 has a 175/60/16 and Comtrac has a 175/75/16.

https://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn300/dragonchasers/darkside/

http://www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/tires/federal/175%252F60-16+federal+fd2+82h.html

MT
MAS Tequila
MAS Tequila

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

darkside my drifter? Empty dk side

Post  mjgilbo Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:46 am

thanks alot, tires are just around the corner and i need allthe help i can get,,,mjgilbo
mjgilbo
mjgilbo

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  leathersmith237 Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:30 am

I have a 1500 200 Drifter, I'm running a 195/55-16 Bridgestone, no complaints, except that I sealed the rear rim to be able to run tubless. In the process of sealing the rim I hurried through and got the wrong valve stem to put in. Always get a 90 degree valve stem to replace if doing this. A stright one is a bit of a bugger to check and fill when needed. This is where mine leaks only about 2 ounds a month, but, I'm aware of it and keep on top of it, untill I change the valve steam and fix the very slow leak. But, as I have said elsewere, I will never go back to a MC tire again! EVER! The three things that every bike I may ever have in the future will have are 1st. either cast wheels/seal spokes, 2. a CT on the rear, and I am also comtinplainting Double Darkside up front. A rear tire on the front!

However that being said, go for it, the 195/55-16 will fit with no modifications what-so-ever. You will have a very thin credit card clearence between your tire and drive shaft. I have had no problems with it rubbing in over 2500 miles. Only problem was the above mentioned air leak, but that was my fault, not the tires'.
leathersmith237
leathersmith237

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-07-10

http://www.heathersleathers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down