Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is the suzuki rim 15 or 15.5?

2 posters

Go down

is the suzuki rim 15 or 15.5? Empty is the suzuki rim 15 or 15.5?

Post  Dfinitlydisturbd Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:07 am

I recently purchased a Goodyear Viva Authority for my '04 Intruder and this is the first time ever I haven't succeeded in mounting a tire on anything...which is saying a lot because in the past 18 years Ive' mounted tires on everything from go-carts to semis...but this damn tire refuses to seat...the rim says 15"....either it's wrong or Goodyear tires are one hell of a tight squeeze....at present I've chickened out at 110PSI...how far can I safely push it before the damn thing explodes?
Dfinitlydisturbd
Dfinitlydisturbd

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

is the suzuki rim 15 or 15.5? Empty Re: is the suzuki rim 15 or 15.5?

Post  Uncle Wulf Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Kinda late but here it is anyway... Suzuki rims are 15", at least on my '99 VS1400. I'm running a Kumho PowerStar 758 in 165/80R15. It popped right on at about 80 psi, with plenty of good lube. How did your Goodyear mount turn out?

Last edited by Uncle Wulf on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Uncle Wulf
Uncle Wulf

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Dfinitlydisturbd Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Took a lot of abuse, 125PSI, and riding down the roughest roads I could find at insane speeds to get the damn thing to seat.

Tire's nice and grippy but I don't think I'll go with another when it wears out....next time I think I'll try one of the easier to mount tires from the list....or hopefully locate a braver better equipped soul to mount it Laughing
Dfinitlydisturbd
Dfinitlydisturbd

Back to top Go down

Post  Dfinitlydisturbd Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Tis wierd....when the rear is softer the bike feels more secure underway but squirmy accelerating, when the rear is set very firm the bike rolls effortlessly from hard left to hard right (to be perfectly honest it rolls so well it scares me).....be-zar.
On the other hand with my mrs. on the back the bike is perfectly mannered so I guess I shouldn't worry too much bout it....might just be the idiotic rate of speed I cruise at when she isn't on the back Laughing
Dfinitlydisturbd
Dfinitlydisturbd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum