Innertube useage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Innertube useage

Post  thumprr on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 am

Hello. I am the proud owner of a VTX1800S. I hope to go to the Darkside soon. I plan on using a tube with my car tire. I just wonder how a person would balance their tire? I have been reading lots here but have not seen this asked any where. Thanks in advance for sharing your input on this.

Last edited by thumprr on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled)

thumprr

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Innertube useage

Post  Badmoon on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:07 am

Dyna beads man. Dyna beads. 3 oz in the rear and 2 oz in the front.

Moon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Thanks for the reply

Post  thumprr on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:25 am

I guess I am pretty confused about Dyna beads. I thought they was something you put in the tire?

thumprr

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsmobility on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:17 am

Here's the best video I've seen of balancing a bike wheel. Link

That guy has a fancy schmancy balancer, but you can easily replicate that setup using a pair of jack stands and a dowel rod.

For wire wheels you can reuse your old weights, and potentially, that might be all the weight you need. Since I had the bike shop mount my first set of replacement tires, I ended up with the original weights, plus the ones they used, which have been enough to balance my wheels ever since. You can use a flat head screwdriver to open up the weights that are already installed on the spokes, and then when you put them back on, just close them back up with a set of pliars.

You can use sticky weights if you'd prefer. Contrary to what he says in the video, I wouldn't use duct tape on them. Those things bond like nobodies business as long as you clean the rim where you're placing the weights. Some brake clean and a rag will prepare the surface perfectly.
Oldsmobility

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

thanks

Post  thumprr on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:38 am

Thanks for the quick reply. The video shows weights that I refer to as "mag weights", I am familar with them. This is a really kool place to hang out at. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.Now I have the biggest decision,that being what tire do I want to install. Back to reading more about the 15" tire selections.

thumprr

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:03 am

you can use dyna beads in an inner tube with no problems.

Jerry
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top